Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How much do you tip movers?

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Today was moving day today. Haven’t moved in almost 20 years. We had three guys and an 18 wheeler that was loaded to max capacity. They busted their asses and were consummate professionals. What do I tip them per person after delivery tomorrow?

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Yeah you should go higher than $20. Those mofos work their ass off. $50?
no fucking way. Alot of people "work their asses off" and don't get even the option of being tipped. I promise you they're already happy their lunch got bought. A fresh Andrew Jackson is more than enough

TJHall1

Legendary
I worked for a moving company in college. For that big of a job most people would tip around 50. Really generous people would go up to 100. 50 is a good number for that job. Biggest I ever got was 500 split between 3 of us for a 2 day job.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Today was moving day today. Haven’t moved in almost 20 years. We had three guys and an 18 wheeler that was loaded to max capacity. They busted their asses and were consummate professionals. What do I tip them per person after delivery tomorrow?
100 A head is a solid amount if yew included lunch.

20 dollars isn’t exactly saying yew value their time but sum people don’t tip at all so…

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I worked for a moving company in college. For that big of a job most people would tip around 50. Really generous people would go up to 100. 50 is a good number for that job. Biggest I ever got was 500 split between 3 of us for a 2 day job.
how long ago? And how much would the moving company pay you for a job like this?

ttyh

Legendary
Founder

Great feedback. We were considering $200 per guy. After reading through this thread we are probably leaning in the direction of $100 per head and I’ll go pick up some bbq from a decent place in town. If they absolutely kill it again tomorrow maybe we will go back to $200 per.

Little side story: I helped them and I’m sore as shit. Great workout. I’m not the type to sit around and watch three dudes pick up my shit and move it. Moving my pit was a bear.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Great feedback. We were considering $200 per guy. After reading through this thread we are probably leaning in the direction of $100 per head and I’ll go pick up some bbq from a decent place in town. If they absolutely kill it again tomorrow maybe we will go back to $200 per.

Little side story: I helped them and I’m sore as shit. Great workout. I’m not the type to sit around and watch three dudes pick up my shit and move it. Moving my pit was a bear.
next time you move give me a holler

Belezabro

Elite

Damn, I thought I was generous. I've worked numerous food service and such jobs and am a big believer in tipping. But, $200 a head, lunch and you're helping them? That's too much IMO but I also applaud your generosity.

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder
I agree with $100. Already having bought them lunch it is less likely that your shit will be destroyed. That is a thankless job for sure, and back breaking, so the extra $100 right before Christmas would be much appreciated by them.

Also, the mere fact that they are actually working and not sitting on the couch like a bunch of others are, collecting child tax credits and unemployment instead of working, is also a good reason to reward their good work.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I agree with $100. Already having bought them lunch it is less likely that your shit will be destroyed. That is a thankless job for sure, and back breaking, so the extra $100 right before Christmas would be much appreciated by them.

Also, the mere fact that they are actually working and not sitting on the couch like a bunch of others are, collecting child tax credits and unemployment instead of working, is also a good reason to reward their good work.

This is certainly weighing into my decision. Not only are they working, but they are working their asses off and with a smile. Cool dudes to hang with all day yesterday.

Today's challenge looks to be rain. 100% chance of heavy thunderstorms starting at 11 and we are meeting at the new house at 8:30. Not sure what happens when it starts raining. Do they shut it down? Wait it out?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
15% is a standard for blue collar, IF, they do a good job. The better the job the bigger the tip is my standard.

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder
This is certainly weighing into my decision. Not only are they working, but they are working their asses off and with a smile. Cool dudes to hang with all day yesterday.

Today's challenge looks to be rain. 100% chance of heavy thunderstorms starting at 11 and we are meeting at the new house at 8:30. Not sure what happens when it starts raining. Do they shut it down? Wait it out?
I think they work through it unless it's really bad. If it's really bad you should offer some beers while they wait.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The only people I tip bring me my food. It's silly to tip others who you hire to do things. If they are worker bees and don't get paid enough then find another job---there are millions available and at much higher wages than last year. If they are the owners of the company and don't believe they are charging enough then raise their prices. Do people tip the plumber or electrician? How about your MD? How about the dude who cleans your carpet? The roofers? Do you tip the bank teller for accepting your deposit? Or the people who cut your trees?

I've never been tipped while in business and I keep the spiders and scorpions from biting/stinging you or the rats and mice from eating your left out food. If I want more money I raise my prices. Pure silliness.

TJHall1

Legendary
The only people I tip bring me my food. It's silly to tip others who you hire to do things. If they are worker bees and don't get paid enough then find another job---there are millions available and at much higher wages than last year. If they are the owners of the company and don't believe they are charging enough then raise their prices. Do people tip the plumber or electrician? How about your MD? How about the dude who cleans your carpet? The roofers? Do you tip the bank teller for accepting your deposit? Or the people who cut your trees?

I've never been tipped while in business and I keep the spiders and scorpions from biting/stinging you or the rats and mice from eating your left out food. If I want more money I raise my prices. Pure silliness.
You're also the moron who doesn't get in the right lane when holding up faster traffic.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
You're also the moron who doesn't get in the right lane when holding up faster traffic.
I don't move over if I'm already speeding and in a line of other speeders just so some nimrod wants to go faster. Nor do I move over if I am in that lane and there is nobody else on the road and a free lane to the other side and another car comes up from behind. You can change lanes and pass me but I'm not moving. I don't ride in that lane if I am going the speed limit or less. I don't want to ride in the ruts the trucks make anymore than you. Either change lanes or stay behind me. Don't like it---don't come up behind me.

PleasureMoose

Legendary

I agree 100%. Its cool to buy them lunch and tip them for moving your shit. But adding another $300 bucks on top of what you're being charged for the moving service is fucking insane.

I wouldn't be surprised if these moving company's dont already add the tip into your charge

EDIT: @ttyh yall where actually considering dishing out $600 in tip money?

Last edited:

TJHall1

Legendary
I agree 100%. Its cool to buy them lunch and tip them for moving your shit. But adding another $300 bucks on top of what you're being charged for the moving service is fucking insane.

I wouldn't be surprised if these moving company's dont already add the tip into your charge

EDIT: @ttyh yall where actually considering dishing out $600 in tip money?
Its not insane. I'd say 95% of people tipped us when i did it. Throwing someone a hundred dollars for 24 hours of back breaking work and taking care of your belongings is not as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Dudes showed up right on time this morning and emptied the 18 wheeler literally seconds before the skies opened up with a rainfall rate that was about 2” per hour. The Team Lead guy brought his nephew so they had four guys today. Tipped the original 3 guys $150 each and the kid that came day 2 got $50. They went from 5am until about 7pm yesterday and today they went from 8 until noon or so. We were very happy customers and they were very happy service providers.

Belezabro

Elite
Dudes showed up right on time this morning and emptied the 18 wheeler literally seconds before the skies opened up with a rainfall rate that was about 2” per hour. The Team Lead guy brought his nephew so they had four guys today. Tipped the original 3 guys $150 each and the kid that came day 2 got $50. They went from 5am until about 7pm yesterday and today they went from 8 until noon or so. We were very happy customers and they were very happy service providers.
And now they’re planning to come back and rob you

Latest posts

Top Bottom