Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

House Boat cavay

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Never thought of that, interested in the feedback because it sounds fun

skramer100

Elite
Founder
4K for how long?
6 days. It is big enough for 2 families, but 4 k I would probably just keep it my fam. I am just unsure how good these things are. Wondering if anyone has ever done this. You can rent jet skis and ski boats. I honestly think the entire 6 day vaca would be less then 7k, which is way cheaper then a Disney trip. You do it with another fam it is cheap as balls.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
6 days. It is big enough for 2 families, but 4 k I would probably just keep it my fam. I am just unsure how good these things are. Wondering if anyone has ever done this. You can rent jet skis and ski boats. I honestly think the entire 6 day vaca would be less then 7k, which is way cheaper then a Disney trip. You do it with another fam it is cheap as balls.
Yeah dude, I’m taking the fam to universal studios for 5 days at the end of the month and it’s probably going to touch $7k.

I’m very interested

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
We did at Cumberland and Green. It was pretty awesome. We had family that had a bass boat and a pontoon we borrowed too. We found a nice cove to park the house boat and then we fished and rode around the rest of the week. Gas prices weren't as bad then but the one we had was using tons so it was just better to find a place to park it and enjoy the peace and quiet.

The quality on the boats really are varied. The one we got at Green was about like trailer home. The one we got at Cumberland was nicer than most of the houses I've lived in. It even had a hot tub on the back of it and a really nice deck bar on top.

Last edited:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
So looking at something different next year. Anyone ever done a house boat on a lake for a week or so? Wanted to start camping but Yellowstone is already booked up. And plus I kinda like the idea of house boat on a lake in the south.
Thought that pond was drowned.

Storms coming

Poster
OP, it's a great idea. My father, brother and myself went with a family friend and his 2 sons to Kentucky Lake and renter a houseboat for a few days. Fished and swam and generally messed around. It was great fun and I remember it fondly some 55 years later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom