Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hiatal Hernia —

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Had one when I was five and had the surgery.

Was lucky to wake back up but besides that it went ok I guess.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Umbilical here. Pretty minor in my case. Just a little discomfort sometimes, but I just live with it because I don't want surgery for such a minor thing. Does make my innie an outie, sort of, lmao.

Sidebar- friend of mine is an older retired Dr from a rural SC town. Alot of kids are born with umbilical hernias, that close up on their own soon after birth. Dr says the new mothers always would want him to do something, cause you can see this hernia bulging out on the baby...well there isn't anything to do, you just wait and it heals up or it doesn't...but to put the mother's mind at ease, he would tell them to tape a penny over it. So they would, and most times it would heal on its own, but his patients thought the penny taped over it was an old remedy that cured it.🤣

DawgB

Poster
GITT if you have had to deal with this... Did you have surgery, or do other measures?
Have one too, plus narrowing of the esophagus due to allergic reaction of certain foods, creating scar tissue.

What I've done is simply to get "stretched" via endoscopy, which helps my swallowing significantly and for a long period.

Top Bottom