Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Helping Cover Expenses

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Here’s what I decided to do for now: I changed the donation goal back to $1000/month. I think the larger, long term donation goal was a little confusing (but we did get some donations that were extremely helpful)

If we can hit that goal each month, and with the patron support (which we really appreciate) that gives us $1500 a month.

That will cover the server location, utilities, internet, and software we need to support everything, and also leave $500 I can use to pay for part time IT support and maintenance.

I have been paying @JackOfSpeed full time, and we couldn’t have stood up our own server without his help, but he is aware of our financial situation right now. We need to strive to get back full time IT support as soon as we can, but just have to make ends meet for now.

We are working some things to sustain us so we don’t need to ask for donations, but in the meantime, we need some help each month.

TFSF Monthly Donation Goal

Sneakattack

Poster
Founder
Need me to go back on the Death Star and try to do some cruttin?

I don’t remember what a Patron is, but it’s only like $5 a month right?

You could tell the fagtards that troll the shit outa this place they get a month of shit posting for free, and then they have to pay, unless they actually contribute?

I’d tag the faggot but I can’t remember what his handle is.

The fatty that’s a doctor or a lawyer depending on the week.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
What % of users in a Patron? What % of active/regular users is a Patron? I will admit I just signed up for it (I mean it's only $5/month) but I wasn't too aware of it before this. Maybe I just missed it before but it wouldn't be too bad an idea to put out a campaign to get a good majority of posters to Patron level.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
What % of users in a Patron? What % of active/regular users is a Patron? I will admit I just signed up for it (I mean it's only $5/month) but I wasn't too aware of it before this. Maybe I just missed it before but it wouldn't be too bad an idea to put out a campaign to get a good majority of posters to Patron level.
Yeah we haven’t done too great of a job getting it out there. I’m pretty sure we broke through 50 patrons and are approaching 100, which is good. We have 2700 members, but I’d say 300-400 are active weekly.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Need me to go back on the Death Star and try to do some cruttin?

I don’t remember what a Patron is, but it’s only like $5 a month right?

You could tell the fagtards that troll the shit outa this place they get a month of shit posting for free, and then they have to pay, unless they actually contribute?

I’d tag the faggot but I can’t remember what his handle is.

The fatty that’s a doctor or a lawyer depending on the week.
Nah I don’t think we need to go to that well anymore (at least actively). We have been growing slowly, but still growing. I’m hoping to have 10% of Uganda on the forum by the end of next year.

But seriously, I think we are about to see some natural growth. Our YouTube channel is growing and we have actually been getting people that sub to YouTube to come over here (@Emma tenywa)

Also, we set up the home page to be like a news site. We are working to integrate things better so we have a news article, thread and YouTube video on trending topics. And the forum is just the great comment section it has always been.

I’m confident in a year or so we will have it all figured out and some revenue streams set up.

TJHall1

Legendary
Nah I don’t think we need to go to that well anymore (at least actively). We have been growing slowly, but still growing. I’m hoping to have 10% of Uganda on the forum by the end of next year.

But seriously, I think we are about to see some natural growth. Our YouTube channel is growing and we have actually been getting people that sub to YouTube to come over here (@Emma tenywa)

Also, we set up the home page to be like a news site. We are working to integrate things better so we have a news article, thread and YouTube video on trending topics. And the forum is just the great comment section it has always been.

I’m confident in a year or so we will have it all figured out and some revenue streams set up.
I really mean this: I love this place. I know you and a few others are putting time and money into this place and it's appreciated. Its literally my place to go for news because I don't want to give others the clicks. Im a patron but wish I could give more, and believe me if I get into some money some will come this way. But what you guys are doing is appreciated, know that. This window on my phone never closes out. And if we figure out how to get things to uganda for less than a case of gold I've got 5 bags of clothes for them.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I really mean this: I love this place. I know you and a few others are putting time and money into this place and it's appreciated. Its literally my place to go for news because I don't want to give others the clicks. Im a patron but wish I could give more, and believe me if I get into some money some will come this way. But what you guys are doing is appreciated, know that. This window on my phone never closes out. And if we figure out how to get things to uganda for less than a case of gold I've got 5 bags of clothes for them.
Right on man, I love this place too. I really appreciate the guys that are on here posting everyday. Fuckin Wili and Martin thrown in the mix too lol

Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I have no doubt that the future is bright.

CombingDesert

We ain't found shit!
Founder
You might consider offering multiple tiers of patron status, so that those who are willing and able to pay more, can. Additionally, you could offer an annual version so that you can get some more cash up front to help cover until this site is margin positive.

Tier 1, Monthly - $5,
Tier 1, Annual - $55,
Tier 2, Monthly - $10,
Tier 2, Annual - $110,
Etc.

Also, another way to possibly drive users would be to do some advertising in large telegram channels. It’s already the main source of social media posted here, so there’s an overlap of many ideas between here and there. It may be a better idea to reach out to some channel admins and see if they will plug TFSF, but spamming could drive some users too. That being said we may not want those who click on a spammed Telegram link.

Or to add more value on the Telegram side, you might consider creating a TFSF Channel. You could (with posters' permission?) leverage the unique insights we have here and make several posts of those a day, work to get them cross-promoted on other channels, and use that to drive new people here. This would require a decent amount of time and sweat equity, so that may be the limiting factor here, but could have the best "free" results.

Things to think about.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You might consider offering multiple tiers of patron status, so that those who are willing and able to pay more, can. Additionally, you could offer an annual version so that you can get some more cash up front to help cover until this site is margin positive.

Tier 1, Monthly - $5,
Tier 1, Annual - $55,
Tier 2, Monthly - $10,
Tier 2, Annual - $110,
Etc.

Also, another way to possibly drive users would be to do some advertising in large telegram channels. It’s already the main source of social media posted here, so there’s an overlap of many ideas between here and there. It may be a better idea to reach out to some channel admins and see if they will plug TFSF, but spamming could drive some users too. That being said we may not want those who click on a spammed Telegram link.

Or to add more value on the Telegram side, you might consider creating a TFSF Channel. You could (with posters' permission?) leverage the unique insights we have here and make several posts of those a day, work to get them cross-promoted on other channels, and use that to drive new people here. This would require a decent amount of time and sweat equity, so that may be the limiting factor here, but could have the best "free" results.

Things to think about.
Thanks, this is really great feedback and we have been working on getting some of these things going.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
So is there an aversion to a monthly sub charge of $10 like we did at Rivals? We were willing to pay it at the communist site so why would we not be willing here? Did I miss the memo? No sarc
Some of us are STILL FUCKING PAYING IT. Those Fag have had me in the return loop since March. But I’m pretty sure we’re just going to charge my card again for the year by the end of this month.

skramer100

Elite
Founder

Tier 1, Monthly - $5,
Tier 1, Annual - $55,
Tier 2, Monthly - $10,
Tier 2, Annual - $110,
Etc.

Things to think about.
I'd do $200 annually if Tier 3 locked in the Dance thread only. If we have 300 weekly users that should be 300 Patrons at minimum $10 a month.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Thanks everyone. I’m working on coming up with something for the start of December. Everyone has really delivered getting the donations to over half our monthly goal in just a few days

The balance I’m trying to keep is that I do not want to paywall the forum.

And another thing is that I would really like to offer some kind of bonus to our tier 2+ patrons.

I want to bring value and professionalism to everyone here, and we haven’t really been able to streamline the revenue side of things (although the donations from the beginning have really carried us to where we are now).

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Maybe add in highlights from Warchant. Its pretty awesome right now with some dude named chubba leaving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom