Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help me choose my next long precision rifle…

Which rifle should I choose and why?

• Total voters

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I only voted Savage because they are generally a great rifle for the money. Love the accutrigger, especially with a competition sear. Haven't shot that specific model, but am a Savage fan. Also hard to go wrong with a 700 but the price is high, even with a scope, though I can't tell what the scope is from the pic...might be a good deal.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
6.8spc. I get the 6.5 love but for most practical shooting in North America I just like the 6.8 better and if it gets the army contract...? it'll be way cheaper to shoot recreationally.... If dems don't fuck up everything.

But it'd be hard to justify the difference in price for Rem and Savage if that Rem isn't driving tacks at 500 yards... and the more you save on rifle the more you can spend on glass. LOl

Granted. I couldn't afford half of those.

Sneakattack

Poster
Founder
Need more info, if your looking for pin point accuracy, the REM is the way to go, but if your trying to go tactical/combat/Mobile Scar, if you want to go tactical/precision Axis/havoc.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Iknowright
Panzer makes a bad ass Semi Auto AR 12 can also get a barrel drum for it

ar12_2.png

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
From what I’ve seen on here, you try your hardest to come across as a badass. Usually when people try to do that, they are in fact, not a badass.
Nukka, I ain’t “trying” to do anything. I’m just me…I’ve got the background to back it up so zfg what your troll ass thinks. Been around here since the beginning and these are my people. Just having an honest discussion. So take yo ass and gtfo my thread homie

tickdickler

Poster
Nukka, I ain’t “trying” to do anything. I’m just me…I’ve got the background to back it up so zfg what your troll ass thinks. Been around here since the beginning and these are my people. Just having an honest discussion. So take yo ass and gtfo my thread homie
Oh yes. Here we go. I’m a troll because I think you try too hard. “EVERYONE LOOK AT ME, I’M AN AIRBORNE BADASS”. Pathetic.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
I’m partial to the 700, personally, although I agree with the previous poster that 2.4K is a bit steep, unless there is some high end glass on it. My only advice if you buy that rifle is to drop a custom trigger into it. The stock trigger is fairly stiff, and doesn’t typically do well with adjustment, in my experience. Also, with that compensator on it, it will be loud as stink.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

The board flows so much smoother if you put the board troll on ignore.

BigtimeAub

Poster
All depends. Which rifle offers a mapped & blue printed barrel, trued and lapped barrel face, free float barrel, 5R cut rifling (button pulled rifling is shit for long range precision), target crown, bedded action? I wouldn't waste money on anything that didn't meet those specs. As for the action, the Remington 700 is going to be the best of those you've listed. I'd stay away from semi-auto for long range precision shooting. It's fine for competitive shooting if you're just trying to ring steel at distance, but not if you're trying hit sub-0.25MOA at 1000yd+. Just my .$0.02

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
All depends. Which rifle offers a mapped & blue printed barrel, trued and lapped barrel face, free float barrel, 5R cut rifling (button pulled rifling is shit for long range precision), target crown, bedded action? I wouldn't waste money on anything that didn't meet those specs. As for the action, the Remington 700 is going to be the best of those you've listed. I'd stay away from semi-auto for long range precision shooting. It's fine for competitive shooting if you're just trying to ring steel at distance, but not if you're trying hit sub-0.25MOA at 1000yd+. Just my .$0.02
Agreed on all points…and the 700 is what I’m used to (M24) I’ve never seen the 6.5 700 in action, but I read that they’re out there. I’ve really fallen in love with that round. Was just in WY last month and was smacking it at 1000 yds like nothing.

gaines1016

Poster
looks like they start at about 1350 online these days but it also looks like they offer a lot more calibers now that changes the price depending on what you want...but admittedly that is a bare gun. to have one like the photo i posted you need to separately purchase the scope & rings/bipod/monopod. But it comes with decent stuff like the adjustable stock, barrel and muzzle break, a repeatable trigger. It just is fun to shoot at any range 100+ and capable well beyond. #notagunexpert #notarugerrep

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
If you’re a serious shooter & want a custom build this operation near me is as good as it gets with multiple national & world championships under the owners belt.

He built my .308 which has never had a round through it. I treat it as an heirloom/investment.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom