Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Great Depression 2.0 or Nah?

Are we hurtling toward another Great Depression?

• Yes

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Idk. Who's depressed? What do you mean?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
You don't have to look far to find a doomsday economist at any point in our recent history, but I will admit things are looking like a powder keg at the moment. But, I'm not an economist myself, so what do I know. What do y'all think?
I've never doomed and groomed. The housing bubble was bad as was the tech bubble.
They have to get some of this money out of the system to stop inflation but that is a suicide pill in production economy to raise the rates.
I think whatever way they go is bad bc the fed reserve has almost always saved Wallstreet and it looks like they may be alright with severe contraction.
I'm glad I don't have a baby. Although my folks never used purchased formula ever

I think this will be much worse than any of the other recessions since the 70s

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
The thing is.... they are going step by step for what caused the great depression. Pelosi was calling for price controls today. They've already said they want higher taxes and more handouts. They refuse to open up oil and gas and they killing international trade over Ukraine.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
The thing is.... they are going step by step for what caused the great depression. Pelosi was calling for price controls today. They've already said they want higher taxes and more handouts. They refuse to open up oil and gas and they killing international trade over Ukraine.

Almost like they are trying to destroy this country on purpose.

I've never doomed and groomed. The housing bubble was bad as was the tech bubble.
They have to get some of this money out of the system to stop inflation but that is a suicide pill in production economy to raise the rates.
I think whatever way they go is bad bc the fed reserve has almost always saved Wallstreet and it looks like they may be alright with severe contraction.
I'm glad I don't have a baby. Although my folks never used purchased formula ever

I think this will be much worse than any of the other recessions since the 70s
We currently have two twins on formula. We are having to watch for places to get formula in stock, then buy the max amount day by day until they go out of stock. Trying to get a 2 month supply built up, but it's tough.

N. Pappagiorgio

Poster
Founder
First, I blame Brandon for the lack of baby formula.

My memories are pretty faded of the time I was a 1 year old 59 years ago but I really don’t remember my mom giving me formula.

I wonder what babies were fed 1000 years ago or even 100 years ago.

Is there a way to keep these kids alive without formula?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

My memories are pretty faded of the time I was a 1 year old 59 years ago but I really don’t remember my mom giving me formula.

Yes.
Evaporated milk
Water.Karo

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

Titty milk. the problem is that women dry up after about of month or so of not breast feeding. Many women have already switched to formula and dried up so they can't go back. Goats milk is the best replacement. Cow milk is really poor in comparison. I was raised on goats milk because mom had to go back to work and I don't think we had formula back then.

Emma tenywa

Elite

Titties

Titty milk. the problem is that women dry up after about of month or so of not breast feeding. Many women have already switched to formula and dried up so they can't go back. Goats milk is the best replacement. Cow milk is really poor in comparison. I was raised on goats milk because mom had to go back to work and I don't think we had formula back then.
Yeah, my wife's titties weren't really producing as much as they needed to, so after a couple of months she threw in the towel. They aren't producing anything at the moment.

If anybody knows a busty nurse-maid to send my way, let me know.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, my wife's titties weren't really producing as much as they needed to, so after a couple of months she threw in the towel. They aren't producing anything at the moment.

If anybody knows a busty nurse-maid to send my way, let me know.
Try looking at farm livestock feed stores for frozen goats milk. I wasn't really joking. Lots of kids here were raised on it back before the 90's. It's like 3X more nutrient dense than cow's milk.

TJHall1

Legendary
Huntsville, Alabama. Let me know if you find anything. My wife stays on the lookout. Sam's has been coming through for the most part, but they restocked the shelf with something else as of yesterday. Makes me wonder if they have also run dry.
Seems to be a whole bunch at the Walmart nearest me here in Iowa.

TJHall1

Legendary
True, true. It seems to be fine for now. Just depends on how all this shakes out.
Well if you're waiting for it to shake out you might be fucked when that time comes. Seems like us in the central u.s. are in better shape than everyone else, so was just giving a heads up. I might order myself some just to take me back to better days, mix in with a little Hawkeye vodka.

Well if you're waiting for it to shake out you might be fucked when that time comes. Seems like us in the central u.s. are in better shape than everyone else, so was just giving a heads up. I might order myself some just to take me back to better days, mix in with a little Hawkeye vodka.
We are still finding and buying some here. Just not the brand/type we have been getting.

ChadGregory

Lurker
Hey, that's a concern many of us share. It's a tough time, and uncertainty can weigh heavily. While we navigate these choppy waters, it's crucial to prioritize our mental well-being. I found some really helpful insights on coping with stress and anxiety during uncertain times over at MentalHealth.com. Taking care of our mental health is vital, especially when things feel uncertain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom