Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grass expert(s)

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Alrighty guys, had this convo back on the main board and maybe here but, I don’t fucking know.

may trash builder gave me the worst fucking sod of all time, buyers remorse, but it is what it is.

I have more fucking weeds than grass. So I go out daily and pick thousands of weeds and feel like I don’t even make a dent. Most of it seems like trash weeds then a ton of blue grass.

sos was laid in jan, it’s starting to come in now, can I spray it with anything? Need some help. Also, fuck making a vegetable garden, I played stuff a week ago and it’s dying @Nape

help!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You really are not in bad shape at all man. The easy way out is to get a lawn service to spray for you - are you against that?

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
You really are not in bad shape at all man. The easy way out is to get a lawn service to spray for you - are you against that?
I’m not, I just want to try and do this myself, I’m poor but not cheap, if that makes sense. I just don’t know if I can spray a new sodded lawn

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m not, I just want to try and do this myself, I’m poor but not cheap, if that makes sense. I just don’t know if I can spray a new sodded lawn
I would recommend just getting a few quotes from some lawn services and having them do it for you. Maybe like $200 for the rest of the year if you pay up front (estimating the size of your yard)

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Stfu you fat fuck, you get a service, you cheap cunt
@Croot_Overlord i don’t know who invited @Wagonstick 74 stick over here, but I can tell you, I’ve known him for 23 years, and he’s a super yuge loser that needs to go. Fuck you, @Wagonstick 74

btw, offer still stands that your wife can stay over the next soccer trip to Okc, I’ve got room

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
1619906197447.jpeg
hook this to your hose and apply all over your lawn. Tahdah! If you still have trouble hire Trugreen to come out and do an assessment. Usually free.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder

it is cheaper to pay for a service than to buy the chemicals and do it yourself.

they will have the answer to your question about waiting period too

Jtrain80

Legendary

Bermuda excels in Oklahoma heat. Give it time.

Yes you can put chemicals on it. I do my own, not bc it's cheaper, I just enjoy it.
The roundup that kills everything on your problem spots. Then get a spreader & $50 bag of ferty 3 times a yr.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
I use 2-4-D and mix it up in a pump sprayer. Usually go a little stronger than the bottle recommends. I’ve tried granule weed killer and hook to the hose stuff but the 2-4-D has given me the best results. I get it at farm and home.

I was just about to post this exact thing. I’m not an expert but I did a bit of research and I seeded my own yard about 10 years ago and do everything myself. It’s a lot cheaper and easier than people make it seem. A bottle of 2-4D will last you a couple years and you’ll need less and less the more established the yard gets. Now I only spray around the borders of my yard with 2-4d and a crabgrass preventer to keeps the neighbors shitty stuff from spreading into my yard. Fertilize in the spring and fall. Water when needed. Just doing those basics has yard looking better than most that pay to have their yard take care of.

Renegadenole

Poster
Founder
The round-up “lawn” stuff is just 2-4 d or better known as broadleaf killer. Can probably find the same ingredient cheaper without the round-up name. I live in midwest farm country. Can go to my local seed and fertilizer dealer (Bambauers) and buy it by the gallon, cheap. Glyphosate as well and any type of fertilizer or preemergent with pennies on the dollar compared to the big box stores. Good thing too since my yard is 3 acres. Might check around and see if you can find a similar place.
Anyone else have a local dealer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom