Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gonna be serious for a moment: mental health

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
May be a long post, but here goes: in 2021 I lost 3 acquaintances aged 45-37 due to heart attack.

Since then every night I can’t sleep. I’m scared I’m going to die in my sleep. I can meditate, I can pray, I can get drunk, high, nothing helps.

Even got sober for a couple months. Still, nothing helps.

I’ve started therapy but they want me to go on meds but my family has a history of addiction (dad 26 years sober from alcohol, many cousins who are drunks but not admitting to it)

I’m scared to go on meds cause I may like em too much and then problem 2 starts.

I have started putting on a playlist I like to try and relax me and put me to sleep, that usually takes 1-2 hours from start to sleep.

Not sure what I’m looking for here other than to vent. Don’t worry, I like living, no negative thoughts in my mind.

If anyone has weird shit in their head, start therapy. It does help. Doesn’t seem like it from my post but instead of sitting alone with your head running wild, seek help.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any ideas for me let me know and if anyone sees this and decides to get help with your head, go for it,

It’s also 2:20am est and here I lay trying to delay sleep cause I’m scared to go to sleep .

Last edited:

TJHall1

Legendary
May be a long post, but here goes: in 2021 I lost 3 acquaintances aged 45-37 due to heart attack.

Since then every night I can’t sleep. I’m scared I’m going to die in my sleep. I can meditate, I can pray, I can get drunk, high, nothing helps.

I’ve started therapy but they want me to go on meds but my family has a history of addiction (dad 26 years sober from alcohol, many cousins who are drunks but not admitting to it)

I have started putting on a playlist I like to try and relax me and put me to sleep, that usually takes 1-2 hours from start to sleep.

Not sure what I’m looking for here other than to vent. Don’t worry, I like living, no negative thoughts in my mind.

If anyone has weird shit in their head, start therapy. It does help. Doesn’t seem like it from my post but instead of sitting alone with your head running wild, seek help.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any ideas for me let me know and if anyone sees this and decides to get help with your head, go for it,

It’s also 2:20am est and here I lay trying to delay sleep cause I’m scared to go to sleep .
I'm currently dealing with some similar shit. Can't ever sleep because I don't want the next day to come. Then my head just goes non stop, stress piles up. Hate it.
Hope you get something figured out my man, stuff is a bitch. I never said anything for years but very recently its gotten so bad that people are figuring it out. Saying something about it felt good, as embarrassing as it was. Sorry I don't have any advice for you except that you've got nothing to fear dying in your sleep if you're straight with God.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
I'm currently dealing with some similar shit. Can't ever sleep because I don't want the next day to come. Then my head just goes non stop, stress piles up. Hate it.
Hope you get something figured out my man, stuff is a bitch. I never said anything for years but very recently its gotten so bad that people are figuring it out. Saying something about it felt good, as embarrassing as it was. Sorry I don't have any advice for you except that you've got nothing to fear dying in your sleep if you're straight with God.
Thanks man. Hope you get on the right path soon.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

I’m scared to go on meds cause I may like em too much and then problem 2 starts.

I’ve experienced and worked through many forms of mental illness. In my case, the racing mind things and feelings of dread were results of anxiety and depression.

Short answer for what has worked for me up front: have some kind of support group (outside of family) that you can be completely honest with and work with a doctor to find the right meds.

When I was late teens/ early 20s it was crippling social anxiety. I was terrified of going somewhere publicly where I would have to communicate with people. Over the years that has faded off for the most part but has been replaced by some tough problems with depression.

I’m a recovering drug addict / alcoholic. Not saying that undiagnosed mental illness led me into addiction, but it certainly didn’t help. I loved drugs and booze because of how they made me feel, but also because they would dull out my mental issues. At one point I blasted myself into an episode of full blown psychosis that lasted for a couple months and led to a stay at the mental hospital

For me, the first thing I had to do was get clean because I could never separate what was withdrawal from what was really a problem. I got sober through a 12 step program and almost 10 years later I still stay involved on a weekly basis. This is my support group that I can always be honest with and helps me get things off my chest / understands what I’m going through.

After a couple years clean, it became very clear that there were some issues that were not related to withdrawal. I started working with my doctor and tried a few things. It really took a couple years until I found something that worked for depression (Wellbutrin for me). It popped back up a couple years back and I went to see an actual psychiatrist that diagnosed that I deal with depression, but also bipolar depression which is a different deal. She put me on something called lamictal which has had me straight since then.

There are plenty of meds you can take (like the ones I take) that are not addictive, you just got to find the right thing. A couple times I got off them because I felt like I could “man up” and then I started feeling like shit (mentally) again. It came down to this: I could make it through life being miserable. Or I could take something that would greatly improve my quality of life and live a much more full life. It’s not really about manning up or not.

It’s kind of like if you have chronic back pain. You can just deal with it and feel like a tough guy, when you are really just being retarded. Or you can work with a Dr to find a way to relieve it so you don’t hurt all the time and handle a lot more physically than you could before.

Just my two cents. Exercise helps a lot too, but it’s by no means the solution for me

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I was the same. All my life. I'll dm you. I can help turn your mind down if not off. I fought for sleep for 20 or more years. Text me or call

TJHall1

Legendary
I’ve experienced and worked through many forms of mental illness. In my case, the racing mind things and feelings of dread were results of anxiety and depression.

Short answer for what has worked for me up front: have some kind of support group (outside of family) that you can be completely honest with and work with a doctor to find the right meds.

When I was late teens/ early 20s it was crippling social anxiety. I was terrified of going somewhere publicly where I would have to communicate with people. Over the years that has faded off for the most part but has been replaced by some tough problems with depression.

I’m a recovering drug addict / alcoholic. Not saying that undiagnosed mental illness led me into addiction, but it certainly didn’t help. I loved drugs and booze because of how they made me feel, but also because they would dull out my mental issues. At one point I blasted myself into an episode of full blown psychosis that lasted for a couple months and led to a stay at the mental hospital

For me, the first thing I had to do was get clean because I could never separate what was withdrawal from what was really a problem. I got sober through a 12 step program and almost 10 years later I still stay involved on a weekly basis. This is my support group that I can always be honest with and helps me get things off my chest / understands what I’m going through.

After a couple years clean, it became very clear that there were some issues that were not related to withdrawal. I started working with my doctor and tried a few things. It really took a couple years until I found something that worked for depression (Wellbutrin for me). It popped back up a couple years back and I went to see an actual psychiatrist that diagnosed that I deal with depression, but also bipolar depression which is a different deal. She put me on something called lamictal which has had me straight since then.

There are plenty of meds you can take (like the ones I take) that are not addictive, you just got to find the right thing. A couple times I got off them because I felt like I could “man up” and then I started feeling like shit (mentally) again. It came down to this: I could make it through life being miserable. Or I could take something that would greatly improve my quality of life and live a much more full life. It’s not really about manning up or not.

It’s kind of like if you have chronic back pain. You can just deal with it and feel like a tough guy, when you are really just being retarded. Or you can work with a Dr to find a way to relieve it so you don’t hurt all the time and handle a lot more physically than you could before.

Just my two cents. Exercise helps a lot too, but it’s by no means the solution for me
Thanks for sharing. My whole thing for years now has been man up, don't be a pussy. Over the last 10 years that thought process has basically destroyed my life and depression has gotten exponentially worse lately, so it feels good hearing from others.
I'd never really heard of anything like OP describes. It would be a terrible thing to deal with.

Teddy Jack

Elite

Depending on the meds, anti-depressants aren’t going to get you high. If you need them, take them. I would caution against narcotic drugs like Xanax because they are addictive. But SSRI types are not and you could have a serious chemical imbalance that needs some help. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Mental health is very serious and if you need someone I’ll be here.

TJHall1

Legendary
Depending on the meds, anti-depressants aren’t going to get you high. If you need them, take them. I would caution against narcotic drugs like Xanax because they are addictive. But SSRI types are not and you could have a serious chemical imbalance that needs some help. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Mental health is very serious and if you need someone I’ll be here.
Thanks for the info. Are you pretty familiar with this subject? If you don't mind me asking.

D

Deleted member 2886

It truly is difficult opening up about these types of things.
Most do not realize the significance of doing so.
In some cases this can be all that's required to initiate a self-directed resolution process, by sharing ones experiences, being acknowledged, thus being validated.
I have experienced what happens if things are kept bottled up, it's not good.
The act of openly sharing, and/or asking for advice/assistance demonstrates, and is indicative of, multiple important positive aspects.
Two of which are- courage, and progression toward resolution.
Prior to reading this thread I'd already held each of you gentlemen to rather high regard,...based on personal experience this high regard has exponentially increased.
I can confidently state that I now hold immense respect for each of you courageous individuals, d-tiger45, TJHall1, Croot_Overlord, and RebarCock.
You guys may, or may not, recall when I first set-up the NZ thread that I mentioned how I assist others via a mental health forum, specifically I'd noted spending the previous 14hrs successfully assisting a young man threatening suicide.
For the record,...I'm not an institutionally qualified psychologist, nor psychiatrist, all I have is decades of enduring severe first hand experience, and as a result one of my major hobbies for over a decade, so far, has been the dedicated study and practice in this field, though I am not limited by academia's restrictive-materialistic-parameters.
Despite what allopathic academics claim, there are many highly efficacious alternatives for rectifying psychological/emotional turmoil.
I write this post inorder to state to d-tiger45, and anyone else, seeking this type of assistance, that you are most welcome to hit me up via private message.
I don't fuck around, I'm direct, I'll answer any questions,... including sharing my tragic experiences if requested.
By Gods will, subjective experience has led to development of this unique skill.
I dare not selfishly deny this freely to assist others in need.

Two things of note;
1)Using the allopaths pharmaceutical drugs is essentially slapping plasters over infected wounds.
2)Most, though not all, allopathic mental health professionals are either inadequately equipped, limited in experiential understanding, and/or, down right dishonest.

TJHall1

Legendary
It truly is difficult opening up about these types of things.
Most do not realize the significance of doing so.
In some cases this can be all that's required to initiate a self-directed resolution process, by sharing ones experiences, being acknowledged, thus being validated.
I have experienced what happens if things are kept bottled up, it's not good.
The act of openly sharing, and/or asking for advice/assistance demonstrates, and is indicative of, multiple important positive aspects.
Two of which are- courage, and progression toward resolution.
Prior to reading this thread I'd already held each of you gentlemen to rather high regard,...based on personal experience this high regard has exponentially increased.
I can confidently state that I now hold immense respect for each of you courageous individuals, d-tiger45, TJHall1, Croot_Overlord, and RebarCock.
You guys may, or may not, recall when I first set-up the NZ thread that I mentioned how I assist others via a mental health forum, specifically I'd noted spending the previous 14hrs successfully assisting a young man threatening suicide.
For the record,...I'm not an institutionally qualified psychologist, nor psychiatrist, all I have is decades of enduring severe first hand experience, and as a result one of my major hobbies for over a decade, so far, has been the dedicated study and practice in this field, though I am not limited by academia's restrictive-materialistic-parameters.
Despite what allopathic academics claim, there are many highly efficacious alternatives for rectifying psychological/emotional turmoil.
I write this post inorder to state to d-tiger45, and anyone else, seeking this type of assistance, that you are most welcome to hit me up via private message.
I don't fuck around, I'm direct, I'll answer any questions,... including sharing my tragic experiences if requested.
By Gods will, subjective experience has led to development of this unique skill.
I dare not selfishly deny this freely to assist others in need.

Two things of note;
1)Using the allopaths pharmaceutical drugs is essentially slapping plasters over infected wounds.
2)Most, though not all, allopathic mental health professionals are either inadequately equipped, limited in experiential understanding, and/or, down right dishonest.
Thanks man, might have to take ya up on that.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Update for all: Talking all This out is great. I Even finally opened up to my golf crew. They’ve been supportive as hell. All 6 said if I ever need to talk or get out of the house just call and ride by, porch beers and cigars have been great.
Doc gave me a low grade prescription to celexa.

It took me 42 years to finally figure out I can’t do this all on my own.

Fuck the prescription pad, only made my shit worse

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I too have my demons. We all do. Everyone suffers in some way, the only question is how long and how deep the suffering is. For me, meditation is a great way to chase the demons out of my head and think simply and clearly - a Zen like target to escape anxiety and fear.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Smoke a little pot WITH CBD.... Take two hits off a 1g j and call er a day.... And then accept what happened. Cannot dwell on what happened, but come to peace with it. And search deep in your faith.

Going though the same shit. It ain't easy or fun. But it helps
Hey Zach welcome to the board. Check out the Dances thread for all the crazy deep state/cabal/reptilian/voodoo stuff. Otherwise enjoy. Most everyone is cool but keep thick skin. Lotta jokers round these parts of the interweb

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Good thread. Everyone struggles with mental health at some point. It's how you deal with it that helps you through to the other side. For me, exercise is my therapy. The whole plandemic lockdown caused some depression for me. The not socializing much and not interacting with others wore me down after several months. I would hop on the bike and ride 20 or sometimes 50 miles and the depression would melt away. I tell my wife that when I'm on the bike, I feel like the dog riding shotgun with the window down and her face soaking up the breeze, grinning ear to ear.

WEASEL

Poster
I too have my demons. We all do. Everyone suffers in some way, the only question is how long and how deep the suffering is. For me, meditation is a great way to chase the demons out of my head and think simply and clearly - a Zen like target to escape anxiety and fear.
I use meditation also to chase the demons out @ peace of the forest in the feeling of wellness ! over comes .

Teddy Jack

Elite
Fuck the prescription pad, only made my shit worse
It certainly can. These meds are difficult to navigate because they affect everyone differently. But I do believe they can and will work if you are open and honest with your doctor. A chemical imbalance in the brain causing the depression and anxiety can be helped by the RIGHT medicine. I’ve had stuff that did not agree with my system. And yes it does suck.

Ponder

Poster
The key practice to making pharmaceutical controls work over time is to have an understanding in the process of homeostasis as that relates to continuous biological changes taking place within the body relative to external environment factors as well as psychological stresses. Basically popping the pills can only do so much where one still needs to practice good habits in terms of outdoor / sunlight exposure (AKA circadian Rhythm), healthy eating, hydration and a host of other factors the play into lving a natural lifestyle.

Generally speaking, it is a misconception that you can just take prescription solutions solely without adhering to said natural practices or addressing root causes (especially psychological impacts) and expect pharmaceutical solutions to keep one balanced. Such synthetic practices on their own only result in the upping of doses to remain effective which then lead to other medications to deal with the side affects. This is well known but given how hard it is to get back into things naturally, such changes are often rejected/denied; understandably. Basically the balancing acts via medications is rather short lived where keeping thins on an even keel just results in more popping of pills.

Comes down to the lessor of two evils where if the events that lead to said instability make the side affects of medication less an issue then of course going the medication route is very helpful for those suffering like so. Yet current attitude on reliance with stats showing that to be the case is where medications then lead to more which basically feeds the industry to which people would rather not confront. Just as with the thinker thinks and the prover provers ... so to does the industry make a killing selling pills.

In the same way it was recently said; "The only option is hard fuckin yakka, fighting to become your own master of self, as a Sovereign being." in another thread ... this is pretty much true when it comes to reclaiming one's health.

I've been in full time therapy since 2012 and in the time experimented long term with a host of meds. Almost got metabolic syndrome from the antipsychotics (now regularly prescribed for sleeping meds with 1 in five elderly jacked up on the stuff in nursing homes [current investigation in Australia at the moment [dumbs them down]), fucked with me memory, morbid obesity, liver and much more ... BUT helped me in the early stages to be sure.

Coming off all the shit and several diagnosis later with ASD/ADD/PTSD [chronic/complex]social phobia/Anxiety Disorder/Bi-Polar Tendencies (gives way to PTSD rages lasting 3 days of climbing the walls taking 2 weeks settle thereafter) yadda yadda - I have learned how to remain medication free spurred on by the side affects of long term use ...

BUT - it's fucking hard work and totally understands the natural way in an unnatural world is certainly not for most people.

Best and easiest way to start is to learn about Circadian Rhythm, Heliotherapy, drink more water and do lots of walking twice a day early in the morning with the rising sun and later in the evening as the sun is going down. You can do that without having to sweat and still whilst using medication. Just that alone can really help to get back into a sleep routine ... You can still eat like shit and live like that - you'll will notice an improvement. It really is the best advice and all that is pretty much FREE. That said - also totally get that people these days are house bound and not will to cross paths with other people. Just look for places low key - go really early and in the evening ... also just walk around your back yard if you are lucky to have one.

Anyways - that's what I am doing after 12 months at least living in a small bedroom full time. It's working. Good luck with whatever path your doing. CV is only just the tip of the iceberg with what and all currently going on, the increasing speed of change and what is to come.

Do whatever works - just meant to say balance in nature consists up cycles that go up and down ... staying on one level or simply trying to remain balanced full time is not natural ... so mix it up whatever way or route your taking. I am lucky to have someone who is trying with me ... he is involuntary taking lithium - but says it is helping ... however admits the regimented sunlight and walking is also helping. Other factors include researching sleep hygiene, digital dieting, home lighting. sound pollution, and so on ... we really are becoming bots but our biology simply can't keep up. Now it is a science in learning how to tend to our natural needs. You don't have to have mental health labels to suffer these things ... everyone is now impacted negatively. The good news is there is information out there on how to reclaim one's health. Much I kind of mentioned but takes time to learn and also foster the desire to look into these things.

Again all the best with whatever works for you. I'm just spurring myself on is all. Its a good topic and very relevant to today in terms of health. Especially in a world that thrives on illness and broken people. Food for thought ... don't discount learning about how thoughts change our chemicals with the being what we focus on (or allow ourselves to be exposed to) also affecting our ability to regulate internally. This another dynamic to mass vibrational changes re perception management. Laughs out loud but true enough. One step at a time ... is good people are waking up. : D

OH also - if your taking pills - be sure to take the right colored ones. Something about Red and Blue? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom