Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gentle Dr. Ben Carson starting a think tank.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder

American Cornerstone: A Much-Needed Endeavor​

Dr. Ben Carson
Dr. Ben Carson

February 3, 2021 Updated: February 3, 2021
FacebookTweetGab
145 Shares

33 Comments
Commentary
We have painted our fellow Americans as “deplorable,” “stupid,” and worse. It is this type of malicious, political rhetoric fueled by opportunistic politicians and profit-driven media organizations that has roiled our deeply divided nation.

We are better than this. Words such as compromise, compassion, and civility are twisted, maligned and tainted as somehow being dirty, or have magically disappeared altogether.
We must do better than this. I miss the days when Americans fought united for freedom and justice for all—equally. I miss when compromise, compassion, and civility were not only encouraged but celebrated, where individuals accepted the consequences of their actions, when politicians pursued the public good, not just their own good.

My time serving as the secretary of Housing and Urban Development over the last four years taught me many things, none more important than the necessity for collaboration and mutual understanding. I saw first-hand that, when we work together as one nation, the American Dream becomes attainable for all and opportunity becomes limitless.

It is for these reasons—and many others—that I am launching a nonprofit conservative think tank with the goal of providing common-sense solutions to some of our nation’s biggest problems. The first step in healing is to start talking to one another again.

Experience the best way to read The Epoch Times online. Try our free app for a limited time.
The American Cornerstone Institute will be dedicated to creating dialogue and smart discourse. ACI will focus on promoting and preserving individual and religious liberty, helping our country’s most vulnerable find new hope, and developing methods to maximize government’s efficiency and effectiveness to best serve all our nation’s citizens.
https://m.theepochtimes.com/longest...ly-alienated-in-democratic-party_3683242.html
ACI will focus on a diverse set of issues that influence important policy discussions. We will engage with local governments and work with communities to find solutions to our nation’s problems.

We must work to improve American cities. While many of the country’s large cities face similar problems—homelessness, a higher cost of living, and rising crime, to name a few—the causes of these problems, and the best ways to address them, will vary from place to place. The institute will study in detail some of America’s largest cities, identifying the key drivers of their current issues and potential solutions that take into account the unique characteristics of each urban area.

We will serve as a check on political power in Washington. ACI will actively push and remind the powers that be to allow and even empower local communities to govern their own affairs. Washington may be home to our political arena, but it is seldom a place for finding solutions; for those we must look to the American people.
https://m.theepochtimes.com/wcs-spe...ions-and-combatting-homelessness_3008112.html
For the preservation of this great nation, for ourselves, and the next generation, we will foster a renewed focus on education. If there’s one thing I know to be true, it’s that education is the key to prosperity. Without it, our communities will falter and our institutions will crumble.

We are one nation, under God. We must not forget that. The United States of America is seen as a beacon of freedom and hope across the world, a place where the practice of one’s faith should be encouraged and protected, without trepidation.

ACI will promote the value of self-sufficiency and the idea of creating equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. Providing individuals with opportunities to transform and improve their lives leads to better outcomes than subsidies and welfare programs.

We are a compassionate nation, the greatest civic experiment in history, the world’s guiding light of freedom and opportunity.

The Bible says, if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. There have been many calls to heal the divide that has polarized our great nation. The American Cornerstone Institute will be a leader and part of the solution. Our goal is simple: heal, inspire, and revive America.

From RealClear Wire.
Dr. Ben Carson is the former secretary of Housing and Urban Development
Views expressed in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch Times.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Would a Trump/Carson ticket have won 2016?

2020?

Can he win in 2024? Does he desire to?
Yeah 45 = the Comeback King. He always comes back and in a much more focused fashion the 2nd time around.

Gotta give Ivanka legitimacy for her 2 terms after.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Yeah 45 = the Comeback King. He always comes back and in a much more focused fashion the 2nd time around.

Gotta give Ivanka legitimacy for her 2 terms after.
I meant could Dr. Carson win at the top of a ticket in 2024? He's gentle and brilliant.
Now has had a government job, but likely lacks a killer instinct.
I honestly have no idea what his stance is on issues, but anybody is better than what the Left will trot out.

America 1st

Founder
I meant could Dr. Carson win at the top of a ticket in 2024? He's gentle and brilliant.
Now has had a government job, but likely lacks a killer instinct.
I honestly have no idea what his stance is on issues, but anybody is better than what the Left will trot out.
Win? No.

The only person with a chance at winning 2024 is 45.

America 1st

Founder
Why not? Give me a few reasons why not, assuming Trump was enthusiastic about him.
Cuz Trump would never endorse him for CiC but 2 he isn't a populist.

3) low energy Jeb is more exciting.

4) he isn't a Trump.

5) He is swampy.

America 1st

Founder
If you want to discuss someone not a Trump that you could feel good about and isn't swampy then the only other real option is Elon and that isn't happenin in the next decade.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Cuz Trump would never endorse him 1 but 2 he isn't a populist.

3) low energy Jeb is more exciting.

4) he isn't a Trump.

5) He is a politician.
#1 You simply don't know. Speculation
#3 How does Biden compare to Trump in the "exciting" category? You think there may be a difference in people's understanding of Carson vs the understanding of Jeb! when they speak?
#4 What does being a Trump have to do with winning in 2024? This doesn't appear to be a critical thought.
#5 Who is a politician?

Your best bet to articulate an impactful reason is to expand on #2.

America 1st

Founder
#1 You simply don't know. Speculation
#3 How does Biden compare to Trump in the "exciting" category? You think there may be a difference in people's understanding of Carson vs the understanding of Jeb! when they speak?
#4 What does being a Trump have to do with winning in 2024? This doesn't appear to be a critical thought.
#5 Who is a politician?

Your best bet to articulate an impactful reason is to expand on #2.
Just cuz you don't like the reasons doesn't make them untrue.

Have you learned nothing from the past four years?

If you run Carson you'd be lucky to get 63M votes and that alone says it all.

If you want to compete you should only consider the candidate that is the most popular man in the world and picked up 12M new votes (most ever by a sitting CiC).

I've explain it before but the average american is not excited by someone like Carson and you need to get close to that 75M number to have a chance. MAGAs won't vote for weak ass candidates like Carson, Pompeo, ect.

The GOP is Trump's now and will be remade into a populist party or it will suffer the consequences.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Just cuz you don't like the reasons doesn't make them untrue.

Have you learned nothing from the past four years?

If you run Carson you'd be lucky to get 63M votes and that alone says it all.

If you want to compete you should only consider the candidate that is the most popular man in the world and picked up 12M new votes (most ever by a sitting CiC).

I've explain it before but the average american is not excited by someone like Carson and you need to get close to that 75M number to have a chance. MAGAs won't vote for weak ass candidates like Carson, Pompeo, ect.

The GOP is Trump's now and will be remade into a populist party or it will suffer the consequences.
Eh, my part of the conversation has nothing to do with whether I "like" or not what you're providing as evidence.

Your case relies too much on speculation and suffers from a lack of critical analysis supported by measurable and demonstrated metrics.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Anybody else got a hot take?

America 1st

Founder
Eh, my part of the conversation has nothing to do with whether I "like" or not what you're providing as evidence.

Your case relies too much on speculation and suffers from a lack of critical analysis supported by measurable and demonstrated metrics.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Anybody else got a hot take?
Sounds like you are just desperate for someone to tell you what you want to here.

I provided the only metric that matters 75M votes with 12M of them new.

The hot take would be suggesting anyone else that the GOP could run as a candidate would get over 65M even with Trump's endorsement.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Sounds like you are just desperate for someone to tell you what you want to here.

I provided the only metric that matters 75M votes with 12M of them new.

The hot take would be suggesting anyone else that the GOP could run as a candidate would get over 65M even with Trump's endorsement.

I'm talking granular, foundation level details. You've provided none and are skipping about 20 steps of analysis.

I work the opposite, building from the ground up to understand.

Ironically, so does Elon. "First Principles."

America 1st

Founder
I'm talking granular, foundation level details. You've provided none and are skipping about 20 steps of analysis.

I work the opposite, building from the ground up to understand.

Ironically, so does Elon. "First Principles."
Do all the granular calculations you want but you're still gonna come back to 75M (12M new).

The math just isn't there for anyone else no matter how you stretch or run the numbers.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Do all the granular calculations you want but you're still gonna come back to 75M (12M new).

The math just isn't there for anyone else no matter how you stretch or run the numbers.
I'm not going to take your word for it that you're familiar with "the math."

For what it's worth, I'd have no issue with a 2nd Trump term.

America 1st

Founder
I'm not going to take your word for it that you're familiar with "the math."

For what it's worth, I'd have no issue with a 2nd Trump term.
What 'math' do you think is going to mean more than 75M with 12M new?

Honest question.

Top Bottom