Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

France uses AI to find pools and then taxes them

Oler Ted

Elite
0B824EF5-5941-4597-87ED-E105214C4B60.jpeg

Using an artificial intelligence computer vision system developed by French IT firm Capgemini, the French tax office (often called "Le Fisc") has identified 20,356 residential swimming pools that had previously gone undeclared. According to The Guardian, this has opened up 10 million euros in additional tax revenue, leading the way to the government taxing other undeclared architectural features such as annexes or verandas.

To find undeclared pools, Capgemini's software—with help from Google's cloud processing—automatically recognizes pools in aerial photographs (by looking for blue rectangles, for instance) and compares the results to records in real estate and tax databases. If it finds that a relevant address doesn't have a pool registered, the owner is in violation of tax law. The program began last October on a limited basis, covering only nine out of 96 metropolitan departments. At first, the system confused solar panels for swimming pools with an error rate of 30 percent, but Le Fisc says that it has since increased the accuracy.

The French government taxes real estate based on its rental value, which increases when owners build additions or improvements such as swimming pools. For example, a 30 square meter swimming pool will result in around 200 euros of extra taxes per year. Private pools have lately become more popular in France due to the recent heat wave, but they're also controversial due to their water usage during a historic drought.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
The US has been doing this. I've seen videos on YT of people getting tax bills for a new building on a 10000 acre farm not visible from the road. Dude went to the tax office and was like "how do you know I built a barn?" and they wouldn't tell him.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
They use Google Earth or other platforms to do this. Much easier than driving around. I got hit for a carport I had installed.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
View attachment 130304

Using an artificial intelligence computer vision system developed by French IT firm Capgemini, the French tax office (often called "Le Fisc") has identified 20,356 residential swimming pools that had previously gone undeclared. According to The Guardian, this has opened up 10 million euros in additional tax revenue, leading the way to the government taxing other undeclared architectural features such as annexes or verandas.

To find undeclared pools, Capgemini's software—with help from Google's cloud processing—automatically recognizes pools in aerial photographs (by looking for blue rectangles, for instance) and compares the results to records in real estate and tax databases. If it finds that a relevant address doesn't have a pool registered, the owner is in violation of tax law. The program began last October on a limited basis, covering only nine out of 96 metropolitan departments. At first, the system confused solar panels for swimming pools with an error rate of 30 percent, but Le Fisc says that it has since increased the accuracy.

The French government taxes real estate based on its rental value, which increases when owners build additions or improvements such as swimming pools. For example, a 30 square meter swimming pool will result in around 200 euros of extra taxes per year. Private pools have lately become more popular in France due to the recent heat wave, but they're also controversial due to their water usage during a historic drought.
Mother Fucking Damn it......

That's my brothers company. FUCKIN GLOBALISTS!

(No this isn't new, I have been clear that he works for the "OTHER TEAM".)

Top Bottom