Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ford coming to TN

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
They announced this morning they're doing the same thing south of Louisville. Building 2 battery plants. Supposed to employ 5000 people.

Local Government bought the land for this TWENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO when they were in the running for the Hyundai plant that ended up in Alabama (actually WAY overpaid for one farm because he was the lone holdout). Been sitting on it ever since.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
They announced this morning they're doing the same thing south of Louisville. Building 2 battery plants. Supposed to employ 5000 people.

Local Government bought the land for this TWENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO when they were in the running for the Hyundai plant that ended up in Alabama (actually WAY overpaid for one farm because he was the lone holdout). Been sitting on it ever since.
Where at? Fairdale area or Bullitt co?

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Ouch. Traffic is going to be even more terrible. LOL.
Yeah, they're thisclose to having it 3 lanes on I65 all the way through the state, and this pops. But, as a small business owner in the area/aspiring real-estate investor, it's a good problem to have.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, they're thisclose to having it 3 lanes on I65 all the way through the state, and this pops. But, as a small business owner in the area/aspiring real-estate investor, it's a good problem to have.
Just saw today that this is totally for batteries for electric vehicles. Holy shit. They really are going to stop making gas vehicles in 5 years.

And I have about 40 acres just 20ish miles from you. If this shit grows too fast I may have to sell out and move to the country. Might end up retiring early. LOL.

Hb35

Poster
This mega site is kinda near my house. It’s a good ways outside of Memphis on I-40 in the middle of nowhere. I can’t believe they finally got something.

It’s one of those pre-build sites. It’s been at least 15 years since they spent many millions on the site. There is a 4 lane brand new highway to nowhere at the site…not one building on it, just crop land.

They put in all the utilities and the highway to attract something like this and finally hit after 15-20 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom