Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fishing or diving SC coast

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I am post fire and almost all my weirdo tendencies.

I have a 15 ft jon w a beautiful set up and a troller's thrust to handle breech inlet. I like to shrimps for coolers in bulls bays for skrimps I fish and hunt but huntingbi pay to play. Anyone else interested or wanna go? Climbing to savanna or myrtle would be my space to travel. Of you want Arkansas we can talk

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Dove too. I'm just not a good game guy but even that o could be persuaded

Need you to take me to Bulls Bay and show me the ropes out there. I've been a couple times in my boat but i was just bumping around and not doing anything too serious. Don't really know where to go and it gets shallow as shit so I was worried about getting stranded out there.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
How about an Eagle Ray? I was in north inlet a couple years ago and saw an eagle ray jump out of the water about 10 feet away from my boat. Was one of the cooler things I have seen out there.

example of eagle rays

I have seen one jump once before, at least a ray of some kind, it was cool as hell. Spinner sharks are pretty neat too, saw one jump right by the Garden City pier last summer, spinning around just like its name suggests.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Need you to take me to Bulls Bay and show me the ropes out there. I've been a couple times in my boat but i was just bumping around and not doing anything too serious. Don't really know where to go and it gets shallow as shit so I was worried about getting stranded out there.

I have only ever farted around in Bulls Bay, like you not really knowing my way around. Beautiful up there, & quiet. Supposed to be great fishing & shrimping up there.

Georgetown jetties are a bit of an overlooked gem too. Lots of huge reds there, bigger than Charleston, and I hear as good as anywhere in SC for tarpon.

bdog94tiger01

Poster
Founder
I am post fire and almost all my weirdo tendencies.

I have a 15 ft jon w a beautiful set up and a troller's thrust to handle breech inlet. I like to shrimps for coolers in bulls bays for skrimps I fish and hunt but huntingbi pay to play. Anyone else interested or wanna go? Climbing to savanna or myrtle would be my space to travel. Of you want Arkansas we can talk
Rebar,
I am in Charleston and I head offshore alot to dive. I used to run out several weekends a month; but the shop I taught at burnt down. Actually, I just signed up yesterday to participate in the SC Aquarium's Julionfish contest to see who can kill off the most lionfish during the month of July.

Most of my inshore fishing and shrimping is south/west of Charleston. I prefer the Toogoodoo and the Wadmalaw river when I go out. Hate dealing with all of the traffic closer in to town. I am always up being on the water. Shoot me a DM if your interested.

-bdog

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Rebar,
I am in Charleston and I head offshore alot to dive. I used to run out several weekends a month; but the shop I taught at burnt down. Actually, I just signed up yesterday to participate in the SC Aquarium's Julionfish contest to see who can kill off the most lionfish during the month of July.

Most of my inshore fishing and shrimping is south/west of Charleston. I prefer the Toogoodoo and the Wadmalaw river when I go out. Hate dealing with all of the traffic closer in to town. I am always up being on the water. Shoot me a DM if your interested.

-bdog
Will do.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
I have only ever farted around in Bulls Bay, like you not really knowing my way around. Beautiful up there, & quiet. Supposed to be great fishing & shrimping up there.

Georgetown jetties are a bit of an overlooked gem too. Lots of huge reds there, bigger than Charleston, and I hear as good as anywhere in SC for tarpon.
I'll have to look back in my pictures for the red I caught in mcClellenville. Believe it was about 48in 30 lbs. Fun times.

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
How about an Eagle Ray? I was in north inlet a couple years ago and saw an eagle ray jump out of the water about 10 feet away from my boat. Was one of the cooler things I have seen out there.

example of eagle rays
Seen them diving but never above water. I once saw a flounder had to be 3ft5ft
Seen all types sharks. Had a 6ft eel come in 6in of my face in key west. Cool as fuck.

had a real teenage porpoise play w me on a reef till momma called him back. I love diving

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Anytime bro. I'd advise October so we don't melt

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I've got depth finders but the sand bars change daily and definitely annually. I'd be honored to go. I caught a 40+ red there on a cracked crab. One of the top 3 fighting fish i ever landed. I had pics but they burned uo

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I have seen one jump once before, at least a ray of some kind, it was cool as hell. Spinner sharks are pretty neat too, saw one jump right by the Garden City pier last summer, spinning around just like its name suggests.
I knew a dnr wild life officer who swore no great whites off our coast. Ripley sea aquarium caught one and I proved him wrong. I've also seen a black panbther which they all deny. But I think they don't want red neck posse to exterminate them

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I knew a dnr wild life officer who swore no great whites off our coast. Ripley sea aquarium caught one and I proved him wrong. I've also seen a black panbther which they all deny. But I think they don't want red neck posse to exterminate them

Now that they have tagged a bunch of great whites, we have seen that they actually have been in Charleston harbor, at least on occasion.

TJHall1

Legendary
had a real teenage porpoise play w me on a reef till momma called him back. I love diving
pedo-pedophile.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I'll have to look back in my pictures for the red I caught in mcClellenville. Believe it was about 48in 30 lbs. Fun times.

30lbs is my biggest. Have caught a ton in the 12-20lb range, but not many over 20lbs. 30 is a big damn red. Know some people who fish the Gtown jetties alot, and they catch 20-30lb+ redfish all the time. Might just he because so many less people fish there than Charleston.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Im off 41 in Phillips community. Any time. Got a 15 john w 20 yama. Certified to dive but been 5 yrs
I'll dm my cell. Could use a fishing buddy. I hunt birds fowl and small game. Deer hunting is like a second job these days.
Rebar,

-bdog

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Bulls Bay and McClelanville are the hit spots for sure. Hamlin is great red on live bait if you can negotiate the moguls. If any yallccome down i can put us on bites. I can't promise records but we'll catch. It isn't a dead river like stono

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
fKq0yvs.jpg

Terrible picture. Guy we were fishing with was a stickler working for DNR. He wanted it back in the water as soon as we got it in.
I'd agree w dnr guy. I normally catch and release unless flounder or trout and I don't keep flounder normally. The fisheries are down these days. I think snapper just reopened

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Rebar,

Here is a video I shot last year of the Comanche wreck off of Chas.

Enjoy!!

I had a barracuda dart by me within 6in there. I learned there and the 60. I used less oxygen than any noob ever recordered I don't remember how much. They even tested the tanks and gauges to verify. They wanted to me to become an instructor. Also said if you can dive off Charleston you can dive anywhere in the world bc of the currents and vis

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I used to fish off the bridge for years. Caught a lot of sharks and a few Ray's. Probably got spooled a few dozen times

Alot of big shit swims under that bridge, heading to and from the all you can eat buffet of grey bay, hamlin sound, & the ICW that are right behind there. I feel like there is hardly a bad spot to fish from Charleston harbor north to G'town, love that area.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I used to fish off the bridge for years. Caught a lot of sharks and a few Ray's. Probably got spooled a few dozen times
Fishing winyah Bay for giant cats using cut shad. I had a thick 8 ft or so surf rod w 100lb test. Either a big shark or a sub got my line and spooled 400 yards and I never turned its head or slowed it down at all. Sometimes the subs will camp in the bay if they gotta wait to get up the river to goose creek. Or so I've heard from some navy gays

Top Bottom