Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Financial guys, gold bugs, inflation protection, etc

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Why have precious metal prices not exploded with the current financial situation? Just curious. I don’t have much invested there, but you would think this environment would lead to finite assets like that moving much higher than they have.

Am I a retard? Or is deflation coming and the markets know it.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Why have precious metal prices not exploded with the current financial situation? Just curious. I don’t have much invested there, but you would think this environment would lead to finite assets like that moving much higher than they have.

Becuz, stock market has replaced the role of traditional savings and is acting like a sponge. Thus pulling liquidity out of the market and staving off inflation. And thus no need for gold to go up.

Gold is a retarded investment.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

This is a good question and if you are a contrarian investor now is a good time to pick up some gold as it hasn't been keeping up with the market.

Its possible Bitcoin and other Crypto currencies have taken away some of golds luster? Easy money policies have caused investors to chase riskier assets to sky high valuations while leaing behind "safer" assets like gold.

Last, I would argue, that Gold is not a finite asset. What was once a daydream of mining asteroids is getting closer to reality every day. Its not unrealistic to think that we could mine asteroids in 20 years imo.

I think Gold is a buy right here in a relative value play. It may take a year or five to revert but I think at some point over the next 2-5 years gold will out perform the market.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
This is a good question and if you are a contrarian investor now is a good time to pick up some gold as it hasn't been keeping up with the market.

Its possible Bitcoin and other Crypto currencies have taken away some of golds luster? Easy money policies have caused investors to chase riskier assets to sky high valuations while leaing behind "safer" assets like gold.

Last, I would argue, that Gold is not a finite asset. What was once a daydream of mining asteroids is getting closer to reality every day. Its not unrealistic to think that we could mine asteroids in 20 years imo.

I think Gold is a buy right here in a relative value play. It may take a year or five to revert but I think at some point over the next 2-5 years gold will out perform the market.
This

Also

Blue chip equities are being treated like store of value assets. People watched the lower half of society get wrecked by China virus while Americas biggest companies increased their margins.

It’s pretty clear to anyone with capital who is in charge.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
This

Also

Blue chip equities are being treated like store of value assets. People watched the lower half of society get wrecked by China virus while Americas biggest companies increased their margins.

It’s pretty clear to anyone with capital who is in charge.
Our corporate overlords. Praise be unto them

noleology

Elite
Founder
Becuz, stock market has replaced the role of traditional savings and is acting like a sponge. Thus pulling liquidity out of the market and staving off inflation. And thus no need for gold to go up.

Gold is a retarded investment.
not really...I bought a bunch back in the mid 80's for 329. (i think) oz.

a bunch of silver too, I think it was .35 per oz.

Never really give much thought to its value through the years, never needed to.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I have a buddy that has his body weight in silver saved up. Buys coins and ingots whenever he has the chance. Another friend that invests in diamonds which I don't understand since we can make them now.

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
Screen-shot-2013-01-10-at-12.08.29-PM.png

noleology

Elite
Founder
not really...I bought a bunch back in the mid 80's for 329. (i think) oz.

a bunch of silver too, I think it was .35 per oz.

Never really give much thought to its value through the years, never needed to.
My wife corrected me.. the silver was 5.35 an oz and we got it in the early 90s

Latest posts

Top Bottom