Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everyone knows that self driving cars will never be a thing, after Lawyers go after them? Y'alll know that right???

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
If the dems are in charge you know they will give em the MSM/social Media platform treatment where they won't be held liable.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
The legalism of our society is one of the creeping issues no one ever discusses. Most of the covid panic by business owners is due to that more than anything

But yeah god help the first company that ever faces a landmark lawsuit for killing someone in a self driving accident and has to rely on all the statist douches on our Supreme Court to help them

AgEngDawg

Legendary
The legalism of our society is one of the creeping issues no one ever discusses. Most of the covid panic by business owners is due to that more than anything

But yeah god help the first company that ever faces a landmark lawsuit for killing someone in a self driving accident and has to rely on all the statist douches on our Supreme Court to help them

Yep, some lawyers are going to get to buy some nice yachts and pay for some high end mistresses. However, we will never see the dream of self driving cars after the first few lawsuits.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Yep, some lawyers are going to get to buy some nice yachts and pay for some high end mistresses. However, we will never see the dream of self driving cars after the first few lawsuits.
We’re done in general having an innovative government. All new innovations like crypto, self driving cars, eliminate massive revenue streams dependent on the presence of corruption and ability to rig the rules unfairly(think of all the DWI’s they won’t be able to hand out)

They may be forced into it eventually but the Gov and legal side will be the bottleneck, as it will be from now on

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
How many people have died in self driving Tesla’s?
I don’t think anyone’s ever been killed and among all self driving car manufacturers I think there’s only been a single accident (Google car got hit by someone else in a parking lot)

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
This one is more someone using the autopilot fucking up (people thinking they can just stop watching the road)

The one that would be fatal to the cause would be a car with no human capability to drive it getting into an accident that the other car didn’t cause

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
We've gotten to the point where people need to ask themselves if adding more tech is actually helping or making life more difficult for the common man.

See voting machines, "cryptos", Teslas, never ending series of phones, social media, automated phone banks for companies, ect. The respective prices for these products and the damage they cause seems to be getting worse daily.

Let's keep tech in areas where we know we are doing good, like medicine, and away from things that don't need "solving".

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
We've gotten to the point where people need to ask themselves if adding more tech is actually helping or making life more difficult for the common man.

See voting machines, "cryptos", Teslas, never ending series of phones, social media, automated phone banks for companies, ect. The respective prices for these products and the damage they cause seems to be getting worse daily.

Let's keep it in areas where we know we are doing good, like medicine, and away from things that don't need "solving".
People like you have existed going back to the Stone Age and will continue to exist long after we colonize space. There are always inefficiencies and drawbacks related to new technologies that emerge, but those are edited and refined as we further develop and integrate the technology.

I think you have a necessary perspective as we should always be honest, skeptical, and refine the systems and technologies we develop, but it’s hypocritical to suggest in broad strokes that we should roll back technology as you type on keyboard, sit in a room with air conditioning, drink clean water, have access to every single piece of entertainment at the click of a button on your phone, you’ll never go hungry, etc. You can’t marginalize all this by saying “well those are the good innovations I was talking about” because it involves cherry picking your data after the fact. We don’t know whether an innovation is going to be amazing, harmful, or neutral when it’s made, it’s a continual process that must be taken part in that eventually evens out.

And none of this is to say I won’t entertain individual arguments for bad innovations(I think Social media is cancerous)

Wheels of progress move forward eternally, accept it so we can all move on

America 1st

Founder
People like you have existed going back to the Stone Age and will continue to exist long after we colonize space. There are always inefficiencies and drawbacks related to new technologies that emerge, but those are edited and refined as we further develop and integrate the technology.

I think you have a necessary perspective as we should always be honest, skeptical, and refine the systems and technologies we develop, but it’s hypocritical to suggest in broad strokes that we should roll back technology as you type on keyboard, sit in a room with air conditioning, drink clean water, have access to every single piece of entertainment at the click of a button on your phone, you’ll never go hungry, etc. You can’t marginalize all this by saying “well those are the good innovations I was talking about” because it involves cherry picking your data after the fact. We don’t know whether an innovation is going to be amazing, harmful, or neutral when it’s made, it’s a continual process that must be taken part in that eventually evens out.

And none of this is to say I won’t entertain individual arguments for bad innovations(I think Social media is cancerous)

Wheels of progress move forward eternally, accept it so we can all move on
I'm not against progress but it's got to actually be progress instead of receiving that label just because it's new.

ajcgn

Poster
Someday when I’m too old to drive and have to give up my drivers license I would love a self a driving car. Uber is ok, but I’m getting old and cranky.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
They will never be significantly on the road.
I don't agree. This is the nascent of self-driving vehicles. The technology is solid, it is the implementation of it that is being fine tuned. Lawyers are sharks, they go after every fucking thing they can. Self-driving vehicles are predicted to dramatically reduce automotive accidents because 90% of current crashes are caused by human error.

That will make the sharks hunt in other waters, that's why I don't agree with your comment.

Be truthful - How many wrecks have you been in simply because you weren't paying attention? I've been in three and everyone of them was my fault for not simply paying attention to what was in front of me on the road. If I would have been driving a Tesla, I could say I have NEVER been in a car accident

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
They will never be significantly on the road.
There will be a major tech barrier to break to get to fsd and agree with this but not from slimy attorneys. At some point you won’t have to have individual insurance, but instead manufactures will be insured.
Tesla is too big to be sued to bankruptcy. There’s too much potential money

Let's keep tech in areas where we know we are doing good, like medicine, and away from things that don't need "solving".
There market will bear out where the research resources are directed. There is currently AI research into medicine, and probably enough,
Btw I want full fsd research to continue so one day I dream of getting picked up by my car stumbling drunk and taken home..

America 1st

Founder
There will be a major tech barrier to break to get to fsd and agree with this but not from slimy attorneys. At some point you won’t have to have individual insurance, but instead manufactures will be insured.
Tesla is too big to be sued to bankruptcy. There’s too much potential money

There market will bear out where the research resources are directed. There is currently AI research into medicine, and probably enough,
Btw I want full fsd research to continue so one day I dream of getting picked up by my car stumbling drunk and taken home..
I'm disappointed it took this long for this point to be brought up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom