Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

End of the field of dreams

Rube Reaper

Elite
Agree with the original post.

All that space and the associated funds could be used to build housing for people of colour instead of all that rubbish.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
There are 2 now. The original with no fences or anything, and then they built the one for the mlb game last year a couple hundred yards from it. That was cool as shit if you watched it, but this is just gonna be a joke now.
So those are the plans for the future? Is it 100% going to happen?

TJHall1

Legendary
So those are the plans for the future? Is it 100% going to happen?
The new controlling owners of the Field of Dreams Movie Site are announcing a major $80 million project that will expand the area into a destination for youth baseball and softball, as well as fans and tourists.

The plan will include the building of nine new baseball and softball fields, dormitories for teams, and a hotel, all set to be completed by the end of 2023.

The development will then phase in the addition of a 100,000-square-foot fieldhouse, a concert amphitheater, an RV park, a disability-inclusive park with disability, and trails through the corn fields. They plan to phase in these developments through 2025.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
The new controlling owners of the Field of Dreams Movie Site are announcing a major $80 million project that will expand the area into a destination for youth baseball and softball, as well as fans and tourists.

The plan will include the building of nine new baseball and softball fields, dormitories for teams, and a hotel, all set to be completed by the end of 2023.

The development will then phase in the addition of a 100,000-square-foot fieldhouse, a concert amphitheater, an RV park, a disability-inclusive park with disability, and trails through the corn fields. They plan to phase in these developments through 2025.
OMG, they couldn't get further from the point of the movie. Idiocracy needs to be required viewing for all high school kids. We are going there faster then we are sprinting towards 1984.

Tell_Sackett

Poster
Visited this year in September. It was awesome and spent about 2 1/2 hours there with my just playing ball. The MLB field had already been disassembled and you could not access it. This project will destroy the meaning of the entire site. It is special, and they are going to kill it.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Had a buddy grow up there. IIRC, the house and field were on two separate properties. May have been a gift shop. Can't remember 100%.
Anyways, there was always a rift between the two owners as to how to proceed with anything on the land.
I guess they figured it out. Either way, it looks like Disney taking over a project and bastardizing it 100%.

TJHall1

Legendary
Had a buddy grow up there. IIRC, the house and field were on two separate properties. May have been a gift shop. Can't remember 100%.
Anyways, there was always a rift between the two owners as to how to proceed with anything on the land.
I guess they figured it out. Either way, it looks like Disney taking over a project and bastardizing it 100%.
Correct. Left and center field were on 1 property and the rest on the other. After the movie the family with left/center plowed it under and farmed it for a year before returning it to the field again. Each family opened a tourist hut on their property for the field.

Belezabro

Elite
I guess it doesn’t matter this location is in the middle of nowhere? I’m skeptical it will work.

Top Bottom