Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

East coast getaway rec?

sugar

Poster
Long story short is the men of my family need a getaway. It's been awhile. Dad's cancer returned last year and he's fought the #'s back down to a respectable level again. He needs a getaway. Brother just had his wife of 20 years choose to walk away. And I work too hard. Us guys haven't done the best job of making time for ourselves and we need to before it's too late.

Looking for some golf near a coast. South Carolina is what Pops is thinking. We're from Kansas, so any coastline is above average for us.

Lord bless you all and I've been here since the beginning. WWG1WGA

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Kiawah in SC is a great golf destination but it will be pricey. If you are serious about golf try Kiawah.
if you are looking for more affordable golf, you can try the myrtle beach area. Lots of golf, accessible beach, good restaurants. I suggest the area just south of myrtle beach (pawleys island, garden city, litchfield beach) if that’s what you pick let me know and I can give more details.
I’ll try to come up with some more ideas if you give me a little more info about price range, time of year etc

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Long story short is the men of my family need a getaway. It's been awhile. Dad's cancer returned last year and he's fought the #'s back down to a respectable level again. He needs a getaway. Brother just had his wife of 20 years choose to walk away. And I work too hard. Us guys haven't done the best job of making time for ourselves and we need to before it's too late.

Looking for some golf near a coast. South Carolina is what Pops is thinking. We're from Kansas, so any coastline is above average for us.

Lord bless you all and I've been here since the beginning. WWG1WGA
Prayers for yore dad and whole family. Cancer sucks.

also

3ED8A698-7B4E-4897-B62D-F9120BB5AEA9.jpeg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Kiawah in SC is a great golf destination but it will be pricey. If you are serious about golf try Kiawah.
if you are looking for more affordable golf, you can try the myrtle beach area. Lots of golf, accessible beach, good restaurants. I suggest the area just south of myrtle beach (pawleys island, garden city, litchfield beach) if that’s what you pick let me know and I can give more details.
I’ll try to come up with some more ideas if you give me a little more info about price range, time of year etc

This. I also recommend the south end, pawley's island, south litchfield.

Sneakattack

Poster
Founder
Second on Kiawha and also if your higher end, Palmetto Bluff, and the May River, is a really nice place to stay and there is hard to find a prettier course than May River.

It’s damn pricey though, but worth twice that in mo.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Second on Kiawha and also if your higher end, Palmetto Bluff, and the May River, is a really nice place to stay and there is hard to find a prettier course than May River.

It’s damn pricey though, but worth twice that in mo.
Man I loved Palmetto Bluff. Heading back
First weekend of October. Cool little place and would highly recommend, but it is top dollar.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Man I loved Palmetto Bluff. Heading back
First weekend of October. Cool little place and would highly recommend, but it is top dollar.

Yeah, really need a budget to give better advice. Lots of beaches and golf here, from dirty Myrtle to Palmetto Bluff and everything in between.

Latest posts

Top Bottom