Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you pronounce the first R in surprised?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • I don’t speak English

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Taggart

Elite
Founder
pirate-pirates.gif

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Suh prized

Or

Sir prized
At Croot_Overlord: The "r" is pronounced in its original context. The word comes from an English nobleman who lived during the reign of Henry the VIII. His name was given to him by Henry the VIII when he was Knighted for being his most loyal and valuable consort. Thus the name Sir Prized. His named worked its way into the common vernacular as people began to describe people that had just experienced unexpected good fortune and thus they would call him "Sir Prized" for a time. I know it sounds silly, but it is true. Look it up.

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
There may be some regional differences too. I know up here in the north we pronounce the R. We call pop, pop. In some parts of the country they call it soda, or even coke, whether its's an actual Coke or not.

...they call their sisters and cousins :unsure:

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Those English men and women who lived under the reign of Henry the VIII, which was from 1491 to 1547. The use of this phrase continued for roughly another generation and mopped into "surprised" and in shocked or "stunned" according to Websters 8th Edition of English Vernacular.

Top Bottom