Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Desperate Need in Haiti (Earthquake)

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
I few years ago, I had the opportunity to work in a small hospital, Hospital Lumiere, in the southern part of Haiti. It is in a tiny town called Bonne Fin. The people of Haiti are in desperate need of medical care, and this hospital is one of the few in the country offering good care with American trained physicians, primarily orthopaedic surgeons. Leading up to the earthquake, there were regular contingents of ortho surgeons from all three training programs in SC, as well as other physicians in private practice, rotating through the hospital to care for the local population. There is coverage almost year round, which is basically unheard of in Haiti. The epicenter of the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that hit Haiti last week was just south of Bonne Fin and Hospital Lumiere. The hospital was destroyed, and two patients (one was an infant) died. The entire region is devastated and in desperate need of supplies and assistance. Last night I received an email notifying me that the SC Orthopaedic Association Foundation is seeking donations to assist the people of Bonne Fin and Hopital Lumiere. I’m not a huge fan of solicitation, but there is a huge need in Haiti, and so I am shamelessly asking that you consider contributing to the SCOA Foundation to help the good people of Haiti. To see people who have so little suffer even more loss is heartbreaking. I’m attaching a link to the SCOA Foundation page for those who are interested.

3CA5096A-59EA-47B7-A328-66B7FA550D6E.jpegBD33D0BE-42BD-4CF8-A57F-9A776BCD4879.jpegCB5DDF44-EDA7-401E-A1B5-6E3B0720D2F3.jpeg

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
The foundation is part of the South Carolina Orthopaedic Association. It is not based in Haiti, but South Carolina. It has no government ties whatsoever. I can assure you the funds will be used appropriately.
If the Haiti govt allows it.. why don’t you just go and help?

Jtrain80

Legendary
The foundation is part of the South Carolina Orthopaedic Association. It is not based in Haiti, but South Carolina. It has no government ties whatsoever. I can assure you the funds will be used appropriately.

Orthopedic surgeons have plenty of money. PLENTY. I have done work at their homes.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Orthopedic surgeons have plenty of money. PLENTY. I have done work at their homes.
The surgeons involved in Haiti have given generously over the years, and I’m sure they will continue to do so. Not just money, but time, blood, sweat and tears. The people of Haiti are impoverished on a scale that you can’t imagine. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn’t seen it first hand. We take what we have here for granted. What had been built and scrapped together at that hospital to provide care for Haitians was truly incredible. It has taken the better part of 20 years, and was destroyed in a matter of minutes. I’m not sure it can ever really be rebuilt like it was. Again, I’m not a big fan of solicitation. Forgive me if my post was out of line, but I thought you boys might be interested in a worthy cause.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yeah no corrupt sc politicians like Graham. Or operation lost trust. Fuck take a look at tom rice right now. Sc is corrupt as fuck and I love it here

Jtrain80

Legendary
The surgeons involved in Haiti have given generously over the years, and I’m sure they will continue to do so. Not just money, but time, blood, sweat and tears. The people of Haiti are impoverished on a scale that you can’t imagine. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn’t seen it first hand. We take what we have here for granted. What had been built and scrapped together at that hospital to provide care for Haitians was truly incredible. It has taken the better part of 20 years, and was destroyed in a matter of minutes. I’m not sure it can ever really be rebuilt like it was. Again, I’m not a big fan of solicitation. Forgive me if my post was out of line, but I thought you boys might be interested in a worthy cause.

Never questioned your honesty. Nor the integrity of someone who has attained Orthopedic Surgeon credentials.

I am saying that I have a buzz and fired a response too fast. Best of luck in your humanitarian ventures.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Yeah no corrupt sc politicians like Graham. Or operation lost trust. Fuck take a look at tom rice right now. Sc is corrupt as fuck and I love it here
Again, private organization. Fully accountable and legit. Apples and oranges. I tend to agree with your sentiments on SC government, however.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Again, private organization. Fully accountable and legit. Apples and oranges. I tend to agree with your sentiments on SC government, however.
Dude the greeks and Irish both have .Aguas hidden behind churches. City of cola hides money in the adoptions racket. I'm not trying to be a dicm but corruption curruptseverything. IM ALMOST OTTAWA WEED TOO

Jtrain80

Legendary
The Clintons executed a level of scumbaggery that defies belief. Sadly, I’m convinced they will never answer for it in this life, but I know they will have to answer for it in the next.

tumblr_n3d7q0ODPJ1rs4x0jo3_500.gif

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Im done helping any of these things over seas. the waste fraud and abuse is worse than anything DC could come up with. The ngo's steal all the money and find a way to roll the theft into a bill to the US and UN for even more money. Fuck those people (ngo's not the Haitians). I'll help locally and hurricanes in the south. Someone else is going to have to help everyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom