Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Decent Prime day find: Smart keyless wifi door lock

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Hope you guys dont forget about the thermostats getting turned up, because they would never unlock your doors accidentally.

Instantly thought of this. Jesus, we are lazy. Like it is so difficult to put a key in a hole and turn it...or you could give your tech overlords the ability to unlock your door, so you can save that precious 1.5 seconds every time you come home.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I thought this was a joke for that exact reason.
Nah I actually bought two lol. I understand the implications, but if someone with the capability to break in to one of these wants you, they are gonna get you with or without the smart lock. I’ll keep out the low class criminals for now

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I hate keys. Hate em. Can't find em, got 20 keys on the damn key ring in your pocket, you hide them in a spot where even the most rookie crook could find them (under the door Matt etc)

My car has keyless entry and my house is protected by something more than a key so the only keys i use on a daily basis are one off situations. I do have a couple wireless locks, but they are more for storage closets.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Guys this is still just a regular LATCH. this isn't going to provide 1 iota of security more than any Cheap Kwikset,Schlage, etc. If you want security, have a locksmith install a security plate or a mortise lock/latch.
And that isn't even getting into the Tech security issues.

Now if you just want convenience or look....your all good!

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Man you must do some freaky shit if you're that concerned about somebody walking in on you.
My old house, I had (interior doors 🤣) biometric on a door keypads on multiple. Friends would always look and laugh, knowing I was getting "samples free" to test if we would sell the product. 🤣

SCTetz

Poster
If you want to hide today you hide in plain sight. Don’t do anything abnormal to stick out.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
I hate keys. Hate em. Can't find em, got 20 keys on the damn key ring in your pocket, you hide them in a spot where even the most rookie crook could find them (under the door Matt etc)

My car has keyless entry and my house is protected by something more than a key so the only keys i use on a daily basis are one off situations. I do have a couple wireless locks, but they are more for storage closets.
20 keys? Do you work as the groundskeeper for the local Junior college or something?

JerBearr

Hope you guys dont forget about the thermostats getting turned up, because they would never unlock your doors accidentally.
Id rather someone unlock my door with a hack then bust my window in. Locks on doors only keep honest people honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom