Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Debt ceiling gamble

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
We can close the border if we close America. They're not gonna fold easy. This will draw out.
I desperately want this to be the moment they finally stand up.

Long overdue and all that jazz but they’ll essentially face no political retribution which might be why it actually happens this time.

America 1st

Founder
Supposedly the Pubs want this all on the Dems hands. The spending has to pass or the economy will crater so their plan is to have the Dems on the hook for all this madness.
I know the GOP normally just folds on these things after a bit but this time feels different for some reason.

Cocaine Mitch is on the record saying exactly what you put down. Says since they are so certain that we need the spending that they should be willing to own it easily.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Do we see the US default?

One month to figure it out and the wife and I are figuring out if we should cash out everything and get ready to buy
It might be wise if you are following what the Boston and Dallas fed presidents are doing with their own personal investments (they have been insider trading and plan to divest into index funds by the end of September… who knows how long they are going to have a cash position after divestment).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Do we see the US default?

One month to figure it out and the wife and I are figuring out if we should cash out everything and get ready to buy
Depends on what kind of tax consequences that would create for you. Short term tax rates of 30% or higher and long-term rates of %20 or higher.

If you want to call a market top, you could just buy an inverse etf and not suffer tax consequences.

I agree things are frothy, but assume a large infrastructure bill passes. That money has to go somewhere and inflation could take hold. If inflation takes hold, i.e. not transitory, I think it sends the market higher.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Depends on what kind of tax consequences that would create for you. Short term tax rates of 30% or higher and long-term rates of %20 or higher.

If you want to call a market top, you could just buy an inverse etf and not suffer tax consequences.

I agree things are frothy, but assume a large infrastructure bill passes. That money has to go somewhere and inflation could take hold. If inflation takes hold, i.e. not transitory, I think it sends the market higher.

Depends on three things, how much of the spending is new, timing, and the permanence of the spending.

If it's a one time direct shock of new spending, you could get a bump in inflation, indirect or indirect/ induced. But it will wash but if not permanent. That wont happen.

Likely what will happen with something like this is they funnel the money into state transportation development trust funds, and the states put it into their own five year rolling contract processes. If the money goes into energy, that'll offset the natural commission hikes. Off the bat the states will compensate for the new spending with reduced expenditures on their own, or it'll get so far drawn out that the money is either never spent or spent too slowly for inflation to take hold.

Spending a trillion bucks isn't like going on a booze and restaurant bender.

PS I would charge a $100k for that info I just gave you free.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
More political theater with a tissue thin plot and disingenuous sycophants playing the roles. We have seen this same play so many times it is not worth watching. It always ends in the same, anti-climactic way. Crank up the printing presses and let's get this party started boys!

America 1st

Founder
Depends on three things, how much of the spending is new, timing, and the permanence of the spending.

If it's a one time direct shock of new spending, you could get a bump in inflation, indirect or indirect/ induced. But it will wash but if not permanent. That wont happen.

Likely what will happen with something like this is they funnel the money into state transportation development trust funds, and the states put it into their own five year rolling contract processes. If the money goes into energy, that'll offset the natural commission hikes. Off the bat the states will compensate for the new spending with reduced expenditures on their own, or it'll get so far drawn out that the money is either never spent or spent too slowly for inflation to take hold.

Spending a trillion bucks isn't like going on a booze and restaurant bender.

PS I would charge a $100k for that info I just gave you free.
Which McDonald’s do you actually work at so I know which one to avoid if I’m ever unlucky enough to end up in Florduh?

America 1st

Founder

It’s looking more and more like Dims are gonna have to raise the ceiling themselves.

18 days until the government shutdown.

America 1st

Founder
Sent in the paper work to cash out last week.

Gotta get as much cash on hand as possible in case we hit the mother load and Dims let us default due to their hubris.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
It might be wise if you are following what the Boston and Dallas fed presidents are doing with their own personal investments (they have been insider trading and plan to divest into index funds by the end of September… who knows how long they are going to have a cash position after divestment).
Looks like the fed presidents timed the market perfectly…. @America 1st did you reallocate to cash?

America 1st

Founder
Looks like the fed presidents timed the market perfectly…. @America 1st did you reallocate to cash?
Absolutely! Kept a couple thousand of my blue chips but cashed out the rest today actually.

I’m looking to drop a couple hundred Gs if the Dims take us to default.

Gonna be the mother of all buying opportunities! 😎

Latest posts

Top Bottom