Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Damning evidence out of New York state

Rube Reaper

Elite
Over 50% of all Covid “hospitalizations” are due to Americans requiring treatment for COVID vs being hospitalized and testing positive for Covid without requiring hospitalization for treatment of covid.

This data absolutely destroys the anti-vaxx & rube narrative that covid hospitalization data is inaccurate or inflated. The data also shows that COVID is extremely serious and much more severe than influenza.

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
I got myself a new F250 this year (pics posted in other threads) and did NOT go with the diesel. I know, bold move. I did however go with the 7.3L gas so I can pull a respectable 15,000 pounds
I got the F350 Platinum (of course) with the diesel because it is supposed to make my wiener look bigger. Wife hasn't noticed though. I pull a 38' 5th wheel RV and various other large trailers around quite often. Waiting on the emission shit to give me trouble so I can "lose some weight" IYKWIM. :)

Last edited:

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Over 50% of all Covid “hospitalizations” are due to Americans requiring treatment for COVID vs being hospitalized and testing positive for Covid without requiring hospitalization for treatment of covid.

This data absolutely destroys the anti-vaxx & rube narrative that covid hospitalization data is inaccurate or inflated. The data also shows that COVID is extremely serious and much more severe than influenza.

Cats out of the bag...

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
I got the F350 Platinum (of course) with the diesel because it is supposed to make my wiener look bigger. Wife hasn't noticed though. I pull a 38' 5th wheel RV and various other large trailers around quite often. Waiting on the emission shit to give me trouble so I can "lose some weight" IYKWIM. :)
Do you know what improvements to expect and what that weight reduction cost? I heard about 1500. Might take a while to break even unless the mileage increase is huge. I pull a 45’ 5th wheel and get about 8 mpg. Same truck as yours.

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
Do you know what improvements to expect and what that weight reduction cost? I heard about 1500. Might take a while to break even unless the mileage increase is huge. I pull a 45’ 5th wheel and get about 8 mpg. Same truck as yours.
I'm not positive on the real world gains on mpg or anything on the power stroke. I get maybe 18mpg unloaded and same as you pulling. I would guess you should see a couple mpg gain as the motor should run a little more efficient with the cleaner air going through it depending on the tune. The emission set ups recycle all the soot from the burning fuel back through the system and is what causes most of the problems with these modern diesels.
My experience is with the Ram cummins. I had a 2011 Mega Cab that was deleted and tuned and consistently pulled 24mpg unloaded and no worse than 15 pulling a trailer. My 2014 Ram had the emissions in tact and the best I could do there was 18mpg empty and 11-12mpg pulling the same trailers. My only concern with a delete now, although I think it would make the truck last longer and breath better, is re-sale. You would do fine selling private party but would likely get hammered on a trade at a dealership. And, depending on your state, could get hit with big fines if caught. Not really an issue in God's country, Iowa. :)

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
I'm not positive on the real world gains on mpg or anything on the power stroke. I get maybe 18mpg unloaded and same as you pulling. I would guess you should see a couple mpg gain as the motor should run a little more efficient with the cleaner air going through it depending on the tune. The emission set ups recycle all the soot from the burning fuel back through the system and is what causes most of the problems with these modern diesels.
My experience is with the Ram cummins. I had a 2011 Mega Cab that was deleted and tuned and consistently pulled 24mpg unloaded and no worse than 15 pulling a trailer. My 2014 Ram had the emissions in tact and the best I could do there was 18mpg empty and 11-12mpg pulling the same trailers. My only concern with a delete now, although I think it would make the truck last longer and breath better, is re-sale. You would do fine selling private party but would likely get hammered on a trade at a dealership. And, depending on your state, could get hit with big fines if caught. Not really an issue in God's country, Iowa. :)
Or here in Texas

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Or anywhere right now besides the shithole states like CA. Used prices are nuts. My son was offered more $$ for his 2020 F150 Limited than he paid for it a year ago.

That's the only reason I built and went with a new one. It was the same price as similar trucks 2 years old with 30,000 miles. The used market is crazy.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
What if a dealer is selling a pre-chip truck. that has to be worth more money than a chiped truck, right?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Much more severe than influenza is still not that severe

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder

Quite the word salad. Impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom