Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazy lady at bookstore in Chatanooga

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I always like finding used bookstores whenever I travel. There is store called Allbooks on one of the busier tourist streets in Chatanooga. I wanted to check it out so bad because it’s just books stacked up everywhere. It’s like a treasure hunt to me trying to find some unique book.

It says online that the store is temporarily closed, but I went by today and peaked in the window. The door was locked, but was some old lady far in the back that was waving me off to go away.

When I looked it up I also found this Reddit link talking about it and it seems like that lady is crazy as hell:

You know anything about this @madman71

Last edited:

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
I always like finding used bookstores whenever I travel. There is store called Allbooks on one of the busier tourist streets in Chatanooga. I wanted to check it out so bad because it’s just books stacked up everywhere. It’s like a treasure hunt to me trying to find some unique book.

It says online that the store is temporarily closed, but I went by today and peaked in the window. The door was locked, but was some old lady far in the back that was waving me off to go away.

When I looked it up I also found this Reddit link talking about it and it seems like that lady is crazy as hell:

I've never heard of that place. Most people here go to McKay's for used books.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Never been there, but this was on Yelp.

This is not the used bookstore you're hoping it will be. It's a MESS. It looks like someone tried to vandalize a Goodwill. However, my wife and I looked around for a little while (grateful we had masks covering our faces from the dust, honestly). A few minutes in, my wife and I smelled something off. I looked at the floor.

I literally stepped in dog feces. Why -- why is there dog feces on the floor?

We left immediately, trying to withhold our laughter about what had just happened. Oh well. I had reasonable hopes for this place. Now, I can't believe it's still open.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Never been there, but this was on Yelp.

This is not the used bookstore you're hoping it will be. It's a MESS. It looks like someone tried to vandalize a Goodwill. However, my wife and I looked around for a little while (grateful we had masks covering our faces from the dust, honestly). A few minutes in, my wife and I smelled something off. I looked at the floor.

I literally stepped in dog feces. Why -- why is there dog feces on the floor?

We left immediately, trying to withhold our laughter about what had just happened. Oh well. I had reasonable hopes for this place. Now, I can't believe it's still open.
Someone tried to vandalize a goodwill. LMAO

I read somewhere else where someone walked in and there were chicken bones covered in ants

I’m so bummed I couldn’t go in.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Should have mooned her.

If you get to Dallas, check out Half-Priced Books. There are a couple of locations. I've found many nice books there. My sister loves recipe books. I've found many old ones she has never seen.

Never heard of it and I’ve been here all my life

Latest posts

Top Bottom