Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cosby conviction overturned

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Always get agreements with prosecutors in writing and scan it, store the original in safety deposit box…

How long was Cosby sentenced? He did some time so there’s that.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Always get agreements with prosecutors in writing and scan it, store the original in safety deposit box…

How long was Cosby sentenced? He did some time so there’s that.
10 iirc but I’m not about to Google it right now

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
10 iirc but I’m not about to Google it right now
3-10 and was expected to do all 10.

He flat out said he'd serve all 10 years before ever admitting guilt.

Okay. Here's the thing.... (and I've had to have this conversation with my kids today. So a great teaching moment).

I don't care if he raped all 60 women who have accused him of doing so (well, no, I do, but just stay with me here).

His basic, constitutionally protected rights were completely obliterated.

1) He was given a deal that he would not be criminally prosecuted (because they knew they wouldn't get a conviction) in exchange for the civil suit to go forward (much easier to prevail). Cosby civil suit testimony was self incriminating and he did not have the right I claim the 5th or refuse to testify in a civil suit. Then... the new prosecutor, who campaigned on convicting Cosby, comes in and uses his civil suit testimony as basis for criminal prosecution...10b years later and knowing there was a deal made. And yes, he and the judge knew. They also knew this case should have been dismissed from the get go. The judge held a frigging hearing with the deal making prosecutor on this very topic. And yet... the trial goes on.

And THAT trial ended in a hung jury.

So now what?

2) Hell, let's retry him, but this time? Let's call in a few (5) alleged victims (3 of whom had their allegations handily dismissed over a decade ago and were not allowed to testify in the first trial) to make sure the jury, media, and the very loud, very vocal crowds outside the courthouse really know what a truly horrible person he is (ahem... horrible person doesn't necessarily translate to criminal). Let's just assassinate his character since we still can't get a jury to convict on the evidence alone. (Again... the reason the deal was made to begin with. It was an unwinnable case)

So now... we've got a complete judicial and prosecutorial shit show... because by God... they need a conviction. Metoo is demanding it.

3) prosecutors now want to try him a 3rd time (because they were just swell the first 2 times that should not have happened, legally speaking). Uh... that's a nope. There is no way for Bill Cosby to get a fair, just trial prosecuted by the same prosecutors who had no qualms violating his constitutionally protected rights the first 2 times. Game over. Cosby is free. Judgement vacated. Be satisfied he served 2 years and move on.

His rights were 100% violated. If they can do that to somebody who can and did pay for the best defense attorneys to fight a clearly unjust prosecution, what in the hell do you think the government is, can, is willing to do to anybody else?

Want to be pissed at somebody over this? Focus that rage at the parties responsible. Corrupt prosecutors and judge made this outcome a certainty. (I said the same 2 years ago when he was convicted)

And I absolutely believe 100% that Cosby is guilty as accused. (Though not as accused by all 58 women that suddenly remembered 30/40 years later that they had been unknowingly drugged and raped late a night when they popped over to his hotel room).

Better 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man convicted.

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

Law class 101.... don't violate basic constitutional rights.

*Biden creepy whisper:

Guess what? Chauvin's conviction will probably be overturned for much the same reason, though not circumstance. He had a few rights violated himself.

And don't think for a second Weinstein's legal team isn't salivating over this and will try (maybe successfully given the shitshow that was his NY trial with some of the same questionable issues) to use this to get him free and clear.

(Sorry about the typos. That was a long post and I'm on my phone)

Last edited:

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

Okay. Here's the thing.... (and I've had to have this conversation with my kids today. So a great teaching moment).

I don't care if he raped all 60 women who have accused him of doing so (well, no, I do, but just stay with me here).

1) He was given a deal that he would not be criminally prosecuted (because they knew they wouldn't get a conviction) in exchange for the civil suit to go forward (much easier to prevail). Cosby civil suit testimony was self incriminating and he did not have the right I claim the 5th or refuse to testify in a civil suit. Then... the new prosecutor, who campaigned on convicting Cosby, comes in and uses his civil suit testimony as basis for criminal prosecution...10b years later and knowing there was a deal made. And yes, he and the judge knew. They also knew this case should have been dismissed from the get go. The judge held a frigging hearing with the deal making prosecutor on this very topic. And yet... the trial goes on.

So now what?

2) Hell, let's retry him, but this time? Let's call in a few (5) alleged victims (3 of whom had their allegations handily dismissed over a decade ago and were not allowed to testify in the first trial) to make sure the jury, media, and the very loud, very vocal crowds outside the courthouse really know what a truly horrible person he is (ahem... horrible person doesn't necessarily translate to criminal). Let's just assassinate his character since we still can't get a jury to convict on the evidence alone. (Again... the reason the deal was made to begin with. It was an unwinnable case)

So now... we've got a complete judicial and prosecutorial shit show... because by God... they need a conviction. Metoo is demanding it.

3) prosecutors now want to try him a 3rd time (because they were just swell the first 2 times that should not have happened, legally speaking). Uh... that's a nope. There is no way for Bill Cosby to get a fair, just trial prosecuted by the same prosecutors who had no qualms violating his constitutionally protected rights the first 2 times. Game over. Cosby is free. Judgement vacated. Be satisfied he served 2 years and move on.

His rights were 100% violated. If they can do that to somebody who can and did pay for the best defense attorneys to fight a clearly unjust prosecution, what in the hell do you think the government is, can, is willing to do to anybody else?

Want to be pissed at somebody over this? Focus that rage at the parties responsible. Corrupt prosecutors and judge made this outcome a certainty. (I said the same 2 years ago when he was convicted)

And I absolutely believe 100% that Cosby is guilty as accused. (Though not as accused by all 58 women that suddenly remembered 30/40 years later that they had been unknowingly drugged and raped late a night when they popped over to his hotel room).

*Biden creepy whisper:

Guess what? Chauvin's conviction will probably be overturned for much the same reason, though not circumstance. He had a few rights violated himself.

And don't think for a second Weinstein's legal team isn't salivating over this and will try (maybe successfully given the shitshow that was his NY trial with some of the same questionable issues) to use this to get him free and clear.

Good points.. This is another nail in her judicial branch coffin… similar to Minneapolis trial and what’s going to happen in Kenosha.. there won’t be a fair trial in the name of conviction.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

So now what?

*Biden creepy whisper:

2wd5bb.gif

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Was the judge(s) a black pedophile(s)? Nothing else makes any fucking sense to let that bag of shit out of jail. Fuck Bill Cosby all the way to hell.
Lack of everything from the prosecution. Pure incompetence. Judge followed the law.

Top Bottom