Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chinas hypersonic missile test surprises intelligence

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Last edited by a moderator:

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
This is a a very big deal

(Fox: It’s not a missile, it’s a hypersonic glide vehicle)
Glide vehicle is not as concerning as the delivery vehicle. See my other post in Fraqqle. US glide vehicles are shown at US trade shows.

They most likely stole it from the US. Industry has been instructed to demonstrate something, anything and now!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Glide vehicle is not as concerning as the delivery vehicle. See my other post in Fraqqle. US glide vehicles are shown at US trade shows.

They most likely stole it from the US. Industry has been instructed to demonstrate something, anything and now!
You mean like the booster that gets it into its glide path?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
All correct and sorry for the confusion. My question is how did they do the targeting and what is the CEP for the Chinese glide weapon. Is this a show them we can do this or is this really something they would use in combat.
This is no doubt a weapon for combat. You land a nuke within 24 miles of its target from across the globe you are fucking a ton of shit up.

It’s no doubt a show them we can do this, but nonetheless this is serious fuckin business.

When you are flying across the globe at those speeds and miss a target by 24 miles that is incredibly impressive for an initial test of this iteration of the technology

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
All correct and sorry for the confusion. My question is how did they do the targeting and what is the CEP for the Chinese glide weapon. Is this a show them we can do this or is this really something they would use in combat.
And to the point about the CEP and how they do the targeting is basically a guess at this point. Hopefully the community has some kind of info, but I wouldn’t imagine this things have any kind of active sensors. The prob just guide based on accelerometers and some kind of built in map - complete guess though

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
This has become an all hands on deck approach by the US for both building our own weapon, and developing defense against one. I’d say the vast majority of the military budget for years will go into this arena

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
This has become an all hands on deck approach by the US for both building our own weapon, and developing defense against one. I’d say the vast majority of the military budget for years will go into this arena
Seems like this could ratchet up the arms race in a way that could seriously affect society as we know it.

Just doesn’t feel like we’re doing nearly enough to maintain dominance.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Oh yeah, one more thing - these things are ceramic - meaning that they are hard to see by radar systems, which most all missile defense systems are built around.

But since they get extremely hot they are extremely bright for IR systems. But on a cloudy day you aren’t seeing past the clouds with an IR system.

Now if you could look top down (I.e. space force) you could track them IR. But then you have to properly fuse the data to your weapon system down below which is an incredibly difficult problem for targets that kind of speed and maneuverability.

We have trouble properly fusing data to track a weather ballon lol
Also seems like the fear of these weapons could be just as dangerous as the weapons themselves.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Oh yeah, one more thing - these things are ceramic - meaning that they are hard to see by radar systems, which most all missile defense systems are built around.

But since they get extremely hot they are extremely bright for IR systems. But on a cloudy day you aren’t seeing past the clouds with an IR system.

Now if you could look top down (I.e. space force) you could track them IR. But then you have to properly fuse the data to your weapon system down below which is an incredibly difficult problem for targets that kind of speed and maneuverability.

We have trouble properly fusing data to track a weather ballon lol
Recommend you read the book “The Kill Chain” and be prepared to be disappointed where the US is in killing any of this.

CurtOFD78

Elite
Between @Croot_Overlord and @GatorOK this topic is getting a bit more real. I've read the Twitter stuff about it but these days it's hard to really know what is fact and what is fiction. What you two have said makes it a bit more real sounding. I posted in another thread about this weapon that if they wanted to fire off a few at our east and west coasts with EMP capability they could effectively shut down our defenses on the coasts and America would start to look like the America from the series The Man in the High Castle (go watch it- cool series on Prime). Heck, Californians would probably welcome them with open arms if they started a troop invasion. Lord knows those pvssies don't have the means to fight them.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
It was made out of Legos! It started to fall apart on re-entry. It covered up the Wigan lab in tiny plastic shards. They’re calling it Explovid.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Was told today, it happened a while ago and we knew about it. Phone conversation and that is all I was able to get.

Speculation.....not in August. Not a Glide Vehicle.
Makes sense. That is a looong way for a glide body to go. Still a flat trajectory like that is no good

BigBucnNole

Elite

They, the institution that is the presidency, probably does welcome it. Problem is with all of this is that for years there was a thought process in DC that said open markets would force China to liberalize. Well... maybe for a nation like Russia that has a moderately healthy GDP per capita compared to the rest of the planet and slower growth, it's possible. You ramp shit up too quickly like China did and it almost makes a country more authoritarian to protect itself from things like the income trap, Dutch diseases, and economic revolution that could see a group like the CCP replaced.

That thought process has been trying to change for the last 10 years. And it's been gradually changing. When Trump was elected, he didn't really know fuck all about China beyond a trade deficit, but he had China hawks Bannon, New American Century folks like Bolton, and the national Security state that left the door open to elements already inside the institution of the Presidency to push out the old school way of thinking that open trade could handle China. Now even with Trump gone, the folks in the pentagon and agencies are in more control than they've ever been and want to compete with China. The dynamic has flipped where it is more acceptable to compete with China than try to bullshit liberalization scheme.

You can see it in little things being done. Universities across the country are having their Confucian Schools shut down, basically what are Chinese spies are being hunted down internally, and the entire military establishment is refocusing to the Pacific. This is something out of a Presidents hand at this point and there is no going back.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
They, the institution that is the presidency, probably does welcome it. Problem is with all of this is that for years there was a thought process in DC that said open markets would force China to liberalize. Well... maybe for a nation like Russia that has a moderately healthy GDP per capita compared to the rest of the planet and slower growth, it's possible. You ramp shit up too quickly like China did and it almost makes a country more authoritarian to protect itself from things like the income trap, Dutch diseases, and economic revolution that could see a group like the CCP replaced.

That thought process has been trying to change for the last 10 years. And it's been gradually changing. When Trump was elected, he didn't really know fuck all about China beyond a trade deficit, but he had China hawks Bannon, New American Century folks like Bolton, and the national Security state that left the door open to elements already inside the institution of the Presidency to push out the old school way of thinking that open trade could handle China. Now even with Trump gone, the folks in the pentagon and agencies are in more control than they've ever been and want to compete with China. The dynamic has flipped where it is more acceptable to compete with China than try to bullshit liberalization scheme.

You can see it in little things being done. Universities across the country are having their Confucian Schools shut down, basically what are Chinese spies are being hunted down internally, and the entire military establishment is refocusing to the Pacific. This is something out of a Presidents hand at this point and there is no going back.
The Chinese students in universities was/is a huge issue. There were two Chinese and one Indian in my class (only four of us in a Masters class). One would ask me leading questions all the time. The other one seemed nicer and he kept telling me that the other was a “bad person”. They could have been pulling some good cop/ bad cop shit but who knows. The one kept asking me about “chips”

Also this is a real, documented technology from China, and all public reports state that they are ahead of us. It is one of the most concerning, if not the most concerning technologies that has come out in decades (according to public reports)

However, to some degree this is clearly propaganda to increase the defense budget. Especially with the White House comments. “Bring it on“ likely means we are about to spend some money IMO

BigBucnNole

Elite
The Chinese students in universities was/is a huge issue. There were two Chinese and one Indian in my class (only four of us in a Masters class). One would ask me leading questions all the time. The other one seemed nicer and he kept telling me that the other was a “bad person”. They could have been pulling some good cop/ bad cop shit but who knows. The one kept asking me about “chips”

Also this is a real, documented technology from China, and all public reports state that they are ahead of us. It is one of the most concerning, if not the most concerning technologies that has come out in decades (according to public reports)

However, to some degree this is clearly propaganda to increase the defense budget. Especially with the White House comments. “Bring it on“ likely means we are about to spend some money IMO

It's possible they have something we don't. Biggest deal are those hypersonic missiles which will effectively make A2/AD obsolete. Also could make carriers obsolete. I just can't imagine we'd have dropped the ball on something that crucial.

We'll probably get back to an era where dumb rounds make more sense to use than missiles. They have a defense system for humvees they've been developing for decades that shoot RPG rounds out of the air with a single round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom