Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chatanooga recs?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Going to Chatanooga with the wife for the next 3 nights. Anyone got any recs? Generally our favorite thing to do is find coffee shops, good local places to eat (casual preferred) and then just walking around areas of town with shops, restaurants and other things mixed in

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I’ve only driven thru chatt, except once I stopped for lunch. There’s a walking bridge over the river that had coffee shops on the other side.
Also point lookout is probably worth going once?
I have been to ft. Olglethorpe, worth a visit on way in or out of town.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve only driven thru chatt, except once I stopped for lunch. There’s a walking bridge over the river that had coffee shops on the other side.
Also point lookout is probably worth going once?
I have been to ft. Olglethorpe, worth a visit on way in or out of town.
We are In a ballin hotel right there on the bridge next to the river

TFSF

Administrator
Administrator
Big River Grille

Taco Mac

Sticky Fingers

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It’s gonna rain all night, snow after midnight and the temperature will be around 30 all day Saturday. Wonder how the town will handle it

lawdawg09

Poster
You can hit up Chattanooga Whiskey (they have a paid tour and tasting or you can just get 2-3 free sample tastings) if you're into whiskey. Terminal Brewpub is right across the street with a good beer selection and decent food (Meatloaf sandwich is quite tasty IMO). These are the only things I've ever done in in Chattanooga as I've ever stopped by on my way to Kentucky.

*Chattanooga Choo Choo is also in the same area. I don't know anything about it though.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You can hit up Chattanooga Whiskey (they have a paid tour and tasting or you can just get 2-3 free sample tastings) if you're into whiskey. Terminal Brewpub is right across the street with a good beer selection and decent food (Meatloaf sandwich is quite tasty IMO). These are the only things I've ever done in in Chattanooga as I've ever stopped by on my way to Kentucky.

*Chattanooga Choo Choo is also in the same area. I don't know anything about it though.
I stayed on the Choo choo with my grandmother years back and that was pretty cool

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Wife and I stayed in the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel. You can rent out a train car as your your hotel room. We loved it and loved the area.

The Chattanooga Choo Choo area has a lot of shops, touristy stuff around it.

I went with my wife way back in 2004. Wife and I did one of those joke old looking photos where I was dressed as a Confederate officer. Oooooh I know bad! I am a terrible person! I violated woke law, but hey it was 2004.

The train does not move. You just stay the night in one of the train cars.

You also can't go wrong visiting Lookout Mountain, Rock City, Ruby Falls, etc.

I also recommend the battlefields around Chattanooga and Chickamauga in Georgia.

The Tennesee aquarium is disappointing to see though after you seen the Big Show at the Georgia aquarium.

Last edited:

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
Going to Chatanooga with the wife for the next 3 nights. Anyone got any recs? Generally our favorite thing to do is find coffee shops, good local places to eat (casual preferred) and then just walking around areas of town with shops, restaurants and other things mixed in
YHPM

Teddy Jack

Elite
Also meant to say rock city up on lookout mountain is pretty cool. You can see many states from up there. I haven’t done ruby falls before but I’ve heard that’s very neat.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Check out the bookstore in the other thread and report back. Sounds like a video opportunity for sure.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Check out the bookstore in the other thread and report back. Sounds like a video opportunity for sure.
Oh yes I started that thread! Crazy story I wish I could have gotten in

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Damn I didn’t see this thread til now. I would have loved to have him out. I’m opening a new place called the Proper Pig in May. Any and all are welcome to stop through and have a bite on me.
We are leaving this morning, but had a good time and hope to be back with the kids sometime lates on this year. I’ll give you a heads up ahead of time

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Before the Covid, I was in Chattanooga at least once a year. My aunt and uncle live there. She's a cancer survivor, and we didn't want to be around her while she was doing the Chemo thing.

Talking about coming down there soon. I don't expect a free meal @SmokeHouse423 but I'll definitely give my business to a fellow TFSF'er.

Top Bottom