Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can you shape reality? Plato says yes...

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
Plato was wrong.

His understanding of the universe and reality was flawed.

His statement on the power of the mind and reality is a truism, but certainly not a universal truth.

For instance, I don't care how much my mind tells my body to grow a pair of wings and fly like an eagle, it ain't ever happening.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Plato was wrong.

His statement on the power of the mind and reality is a truism, but certainly not a universal truth.

For instance, I don't care how much my mind tells my body to grow a pair of wings and fly like an eagle, it ain't ever happening.

My old boss said,

It's hard to fly like an eagle while I am surrounded by turkeys.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Plato was wrong.

Perhaps you are unable to breech that barrier because you do not believe it is possible.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Plato was wrong.

you could get a pilots license. You could also fly to another universe. it's possible.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
you could get a pilots license. You could also fly to another universe. it's possible.
But I can't sprout wings out of my back and fly like a bird and neither can you.

I can't bowl over Brian Bosworth on the football field like Bo Jackson in his prime and neither can you.

People misinterpret and abuse Phil. 4:13 in the Bible the same way.

What other universes have you been to?

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
But I can't sprout wings out of my back and fly like a bird and neither can you.

I can't bowl over Brian Bosworth on the football field like Bo Jackson in his prime and neither can you.

You do see the other side of the argument, yes? Anything is possible through God.

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad

Does astral projection count?

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Anything is possible for God -- not you or me. We are limited by a laundry list of things.
Through God. Through god we have created. Nothing to what he has done tho. He is the almighty and everything will be through him.

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad

IMO you are taking the quote for more than it is.

We can change OUR reality by changing OUR mind.

He is not saying that we can alter objective reality, just that we can change our perspective or attitude on things.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Plato was wrong.

Well, not with that attitude.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
IMO you are taking the quote for more than it is.

We can change OUR reality by changing OUR mind.

He is not saying that we can alter objective reality, just that we can change our perspective or attitude on things.
Usually the change we need is to unlearn what we think we already know.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I know we live in a real universe.
Perception is reality.

A Zen master asked his pupil how many coy were in small pond? The pupil said twelve. The Zen master says correct. Then he asked the pupil how many ponds? The pupil said one. The Zen master says wrong - there are 12..

Sneakattack

Poster
Founder
Anything is possible for God -- not you or me. We are limited by a laundry list of things.

You are limited through a laundry list of things because you feel with with your heart or mind, when you feel with your body/soul you are limited by only what God has sent you on.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

(Nikola Tesla)

Fwiw, Zen masters are more delusional than Plato.
You need to do standup - your posts are funny as hell. Thanks AC!

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
You are limited through a laundry list of things because you feel with with your heart or mind, when you feel with your body/soul you are limited by only what God has sent you on.
iu

Latest posts

Top Bottom