Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bowl games being cancelled

Belezabro

Elite
I’m lifelong FB fan, played CFB, and coach HS now. But the past two years, the political pandering, woke BS, rioting over fabricated racial injustices, Covid, etc., has really soured my love of sports - at all levels.

The latest addition is the recent bowl cancellations. UCLA just announced hours before kickoff they can’t play. All the travel and money spent...gone. I’m close to saying screw them all and walking away.

TJHall1

Legendary
I’m lifelong FB fan, played CFB, and coach HS now. But the past two years, the political pandering, woke BS, rioting over fabricated racial injustices, Covid, etc., has really soured my love of sports - at all levels.

The latest addition is the recent bowl cancellations. UCLA just announced hours before kickoff they can’t play. All the travel and money spent...gone. I’m close to saying screw them all and walking away.

About the only thing i can bare watching anymore is high school sports and college wrestling. Fuck everything else.

Rube Reaper

Elite
I hope when we look back on all this it seems crazy as hell. If not… we are in serious trouble
You always make such great points!

I agree. If ten years from now the world doesn’t look back on Trump supporters and people currently voting Republican in the same light as the Nazis then this world is in more trouble than anyone thought.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You always make such great points!

I agree. If ten years from now the world doesn’t look back on Trump supporters and people currently voting Republican in the same light as the Nazis then this world is in more trouble than anyone thought.
41C314B2-3650-473A-B321-5F05043850D2.png

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

I haven’t watched one NFL, NBA, or MLB game this year. I watched two innings of the WS. NCAA I only watch Ok State football this season and even then it was only the big 12 championship I watched in totality. I’m in the same boat. Screw sports. It’s no longer doing what it was designed to do. Allow for a good time away from politics and shit.

I’m sure I won’t have ok state in a season or two.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

Wait......are you saying yore the "Golden Unicorn".......literally the ONLY UCLA football fan to EVER travel to a game. I'm sorry and agree this is just Bullshit! You of all people should NEVER have to stand for this micro aggression. After we are eliminated from the playoffs......I may join you in your boycott...(ONLY till Sept 1st of course, BUT still, I'm in!)

BurntJ

Founder
I haven’t watched one NFL, NBA, or MLB game this year. I watched two innings of the WS. NCAA I only watch Ok State football this season and even then it was only the big 12 championship I watched in totality. I’m in the same boat. Screw sports. It’s no longer doing what it was designed to do. Allow for a good time away from politics and shit.

I’m sure I won’t have ok state in a season or two.
So.... just to catch you up.. WE ARE THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS (Braves). NFL sucks and NBA are communists. And just like that you are caught up on everything you missed.

Also Ok State gave Coach OANN his money back!! Ok State and Coach are awesome so hang in there......

BurntJ

Founder
I’m just saying in the future, if sanity returns, we can look back on this time frame and view it as crazy.

Problem is most likely this is going to become the norm
Fuck......Im with you on this too.

I keep telling people the 1st sentence while thinking the 2nd is actually what we are in for. It sucks BUT so does this whole FUCKIN SIMULATION.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Fuck......Im with you on this too.

I keep telling people the 1st sentence while thinking the 2nd is actually what we are in for. It sucks BUT so does this whole FUCKIN SIMULATION.
There is nothing static about this current condition. This is a temporay state as the war rages on. The new norm lays beyond. What that is, I am not entirely sure. But when God wins I will be on the victor's side! SKOL!

Belezabro

Elite
Wait......are you saying yore the "Golden Unicorn".......literally the ONLY UCLA football fan to EVER travel to a game. I'm sorry and agree this is just Bullshit! You of all people should NEVER have to stand for this micro aggression. After we are eliminated from the playoffs......I may join you in your boycott...(ONLY till Sept 1st of course, BUT still, I'm in!)
I’m a Hawkeye fan. I was referring to those fans that traveled, especially NC State fans, and spent thousands only to have the game canceled last minute.

TJHall1

Legendary
No kidding. Cleaning up in Iowa
CluelessEssentialFruitbat-max-1mb.gif

BurntJ

Founder
I’m a Hawkeye fan. I was referring to those fans that traveled, especially NC State fans, and spent thousands only to have the game canceled last minute.

Makes sense….the Golden Unicorn must stay a mythical creature. There are quite a few of you guys….how do you feel about yore season….seemed like highs and then some late lows (from afar at least) not sure if injuries or what?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Pure insanity driven by feckless leaders than get a hard on when they can control human behavior. Who in the hell do they think they are?

Top Bottom