Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bought a treager grill on a whim

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Bought it last weekend. Smaller one for 600.00. Liked the dude selling them
Doing a 7lb butt.button. started at 6m and got current temp 181 so not much longer.
I didn't think to pic the precooked meat so I will post when I pull it.
Here is the grill

FYI the dodge is an old work truck we took put of service at work. I use it to haul fishing poles, boats, and shit you need a truck for
So far this thing seems pretty badness. Set it and forget it20210626_155701.jpg

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Wife bought me the Pro 575 last year. Love it. Does a lot of the thinking for you.
I ate a gummy and doing yard work last weekend. About 1.5hr later I needed some from homedepot. Bought the smaller assembled one for 500.00 and picked it up Sunday after demo over. Already built and running is worth 75.00 to me. And I got depot to throw In A bag of special blend.
I've always pit cooked on blocks. This shit is so easy it is cheating reallt

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
When I’m out of the apartment life I really want one.

Are they as easy as most people claim OP?
I read reviews on a mazon and there are a good bit of negative reviews. But seems like it is bad parts or not being correct put together. I love buying a demo. Put together and it works. All worth it

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Welp. My thermometer that is built in just read 119. I was expecting 188 or higher. About to grab my old fashioned one. Kind of a bummer but ill try again In 15min.
Lid closed and steady 275ish. Opened 4 times since only. I've never really used thermometer to cook before. Really only ever on oversized turkey I cook on my big easy on cold or windy days.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Welp. My thermometer that is built in just read 119. I was expecting 188 or higher. About to grab my old fashioned one. Kind of a bummer but ill try again In 15min.
Lid closed and steady 275ish. Opened 4 times since only. I've never really used thermometer to cook before. Really only ever on oversized turkey I cook on my big easy on cold or windy days.
Old fashioned says I am getting really close. Just below 190

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
So don’t toss out ol’ trusty thermometer when I get one? 🤣
Don't just yet. I'm a whiz on mechanical or burning shit. Im sure something is just off bc it was.....running perfectly and hit degrees I anticipated. I have no idea what I did w the receipts or owners manual. It'd help if you do read up, but I like ol fashioned cookin' and gettin' dirty.

I'm fixing to pull and wrap. I've never wrapped pork before. But from the old board apparently that is where I used to fuck it up20210626_174627.jpg

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Bought it last weekend. Smaller one for 600.00. Liked the dude selling them
Doing a 7lb butt.button. started at 6m and got current temp 181 so not much longer.
I didn't think to pic the precooked meat so I will post when I pull it.
Here is the grill

FYI the dodge is an old work truck we took put of service at work. I use it to haul fishing poles, boats, and shit you need a truck for
So far this thing seems pretty badness. Set it and forget itView attachment 28763
Nice grill. I have been looking at those.

I drove my last Dodge Ram for over 20 years and had 346,000 miles on it when it went to auction and bought by people from Mexico. It was still running well at the time but had to go since the electronic brain was acting up and Dodge had stopped making replacements. Mechanic said if it died it would never start again. It had a 5 speed stick which they love in Mexico for going up and down mountains. I asked how the Mexicans could get a "brain" and I couldn't. Mechanic said it was all tied to US emissions control and Mexico didn't have that. He said they would simply remove all that pollution shit and put a normal fuse box in and drive it another 300,000 miles.

sanction

Legendary
Founder
If I can get it to 450 500 can i do it with my shit? I did 275 for right at 9.6hr. I want to sear and cook steak of any red

Mine doesn’t get hot enough to sear a steak the way I like but
you can turn out a decent ribeye on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom