Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bitch move from maxpedition..................

note the price

note the price

roughly half off twice the normal price?

Just called them and they were very evasive with the question.................just fyi

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Optics Planet is shady as fuck. Do not buy from them...ordered ammo during the plandemic, and they gave me an estimated ship date...when the date came and went, they would give a new date, like 6 weeks out. Then that one came and went, there was a new date. Have read alot of similar stories, and even heard of them cancelling the order so they could raise the price. Fuck them. While we are talking about ammo, fuck cheaperthandirt too. Do not buy from those price gouging fucks.

Last edited:
Optics Planet is shady as fuck. Do not buy from them...ordered ammo during the plandemic, and they gave me an estimated ship date...when the date came and went, they would give a new date, like 6 weeks out. Then that one came and went, there was a new date. Have read alot of similar stories, and even heard of them cancelling the order so they could raise the price. Fuck them. While we are talking about ammo, fuck cheaperthandirt too. Do not buy from those price gouging fucks.
Copy on Optics planet for ammo, had the same thing happen, but I have had success with many other things................cheaperthandirt has been a shit show for the last the 15 years or so.........not a mother fucking cheap there anymore

D

Deleted member 2886

note the price

note the price

roughly half off twice the normal price?

Just called them and they were very evasive with the question.................just fyi
Please excuse my usual stoned-ness here.

[*Note: am ignorant as to the "normal price".]

So basically you're sayin, these places doubled the "normal"/"retail price" and are deceptively teasing an illusory "bargain" of either:- ['2 for 1'], ['45%/44%(¿?)'] and ['30%'] off "discounts"?
(*respectively)

So i checked it out from my end and, well,...may i present,...

•The NZ "price" perspective:
IMG_20220915_183020.jpg
🤔The "doubled" "price".
•[*and it has already been shipped here.]
IMG_20220915_182901.jpg
🤔Wtf, slightly less than "double" but also cheaper to import one than one sitting in a warehouse only 360km away?!

•Fuckin typical.😆

•Unless i'm mistaken, it seems to get even worse[¿?]
IMG_20220915_190033.jpg
IMG_20220915_190312.jpg
@weaponoffreedom
•&/or
@GarnetPild

•What's your guys opinions on these?

•Also, the Gyrfalcon seems like the upgraded version of the Falcon 3, is that accurate?
(*couldn't find any direct comparison reviews)

Maxpedition makes excellent gear in the Legacy product line. I have a few different packs currently. Gryfalcon is their largest pack. The pack is longer and has removable lower exterior pouch. I have two falcon 2 packs and one mongo gearslinger and some mini mongos for my wife and daughter for a purse.

D

Deleted member 2886

Maxpedition makes excellent gear in the Legacy product line. I have a few different packs currently. Gryfalcon is their largest pack. The pack is longer and has removable lower exterior pouch. I have two falcon 2 packs and one mongo gearslinger and some mini mongos for my wife and daughter for a purse.
Nice👍

Which would ya recommend between the Gyrfalcon or the Falcon-3 ?

•They're practically the same "price" here.

•The total volume of each is almost equal, just wondering which is superior.

D

Deleted member 2886

not sure if amazon ships to NZ
Cheers mate, appreciate your opinion aye.

Definitely leaning towards the Gyr right now.
Looks like it'd be a fuckin sweet bugout bag addition.

Generally avoid ordering internationally wherever possible.
At 143USD,...yeah reckon this is one of the impossible times, aye.

Epic GC, big thanks.
Gonna grab one now.👍

Cheers mate, appreciate your opinion aye.

Definitely leaning towards the Gyr right now.
Looks like it'd be a fuckin sweet bugout bag addition.

Generally avoid ordering internationally wherever possible.
At 143USD,...yeah reckon this is one of the impossible times, aye.

Epic GC, big thanks.
Gonna grab one now.👍
ok....................but does amazon ship to NZ is what i was asking about. if so is it crazy expensive

D

Deleted member 2886

is a like a yes or no?
Oh, i don't use them like that.

🤔Rather,...a:- "like", is simply an acknowledgement,...as in, to demonstrate that i appreciate & value the shared opinion/perspective, and thus respect the individual them-self.

Regardless whether or not absolutely correlating with those of mine own, currently held.

D

Deleted member 2886

that sucks, i can get it free shipping, be here tommorrow, if I order it before 6 am, somethimes i get it the same day. HAHA.....
Show off,...😂

Few months back i ordered some archery equipment from the South Island NZ, and the following day ordered some additional equipment from the US.

The NZ order took just over 2 weeks, while the US one was here within 5 days,...🤣

Only problem i have with ordering internationally, is that NZ Customs—always—opens my shit.
(*they plaster a large searched by customs sticker over where they've roughly hacked open/resealed the packaging.)
😆Fuckin "perks" of a commie govt aye.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Please excuse my usual stoned-ness here.

[*Note: am ignorant as to the "normal price".]

So basically you're sayin, these places doubled the "normal"/"retail price" and are deceptively teasing an illusory "bargain" of either:- ['2 for 1'], ['45%/44%(¿?)'] and ['30%'] off "discounts"?
(*respectively)

So i checked it out from my end and, well,...may i present,...

•The NZ "price" perspective:
View attachment 133580
🤔The "doubled" "price".
•[*and it has already been shipped here.]
View attachment 133581
🤔Wtf, slightly less than "double" but also cheaper to import one than one sitting in a warehouse only 360km away?!

•Fuckin typical.😆

•Unless i'm mistaken, it seems to get even worse[¿?]
View attachment 133582
View attachment 133583
@weaponoffreedom
•&/or
@GarnetPild

•What's your guys opinions on these?

•Also, the Gyrfalcon seems like the upgraded version of the Falcon 3, is that accurate?
(*couldn't find any direct comparison reviews)

No idea about any of that, but recently found this company and so far am loving their stuff. Never seen anyone else with one, but it is really high quality & good looking shit.

D

Deleted member 2886

No idea about any of that, but recently found this company and so far am loving their stuff. Never seen anyone else with one, but it is really high quality & good looking shit.

Shot mate.

Must say, i seriously dig the Treehouse 38.
Screenshot_2022-09-17-15-57-51-75_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg
Be a real good bugout bag, for sure.

Might have to add another to the dozen or so stashed in bush areas all over the lower north.

Probably won't ever get a chance to use most of them, rather be prepared AF than not though aye bro.
20220917_132134.gif

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Shot mate.

Must say, i seriously dig the Treehouse 38.
View attachment 134177
Be a real good bugout bag, for sure.

Might have to add another to the dozen or so stashed in bush areas all over the lower north.

Probably won't ever get a chance to use most of them, rather be prepared AF than not though aye bro.
View attachment 134178

I have the mission duffel, 55L in waxed wood. Like it alot. Wanted a weekend duffel type bag, but always like a backpack when I can use one. This one is about perfect. Thinking about adding another one of their smaller packs, just for daily use to carry shit to work or whatever.

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-30.jpg

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-(Backpack%20Straps)-3010.jpg

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-(Shoulder%20Carry)-3030.jpg

D

Deleted member 2886

I have the mission duffel, 55L in waxed wood. Like it alot. Wanted a weekend duffel type bag, but always like a backpack when I can use one. This one is about perfect. Thinking about adding another one of their smaller packs, just for daily use to carry shit to work or whatever.

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-30.jpg

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-(Backpack%20Straps)-3010.jpg

Mission%20Duffel%20112386%20112385%20112387_wood%20waxed-(Shoulder%20Carry)-3030.jpg
Ooosh!
That one's mint as bro!

Nice simple external design profile.

Am unsure what the bush is like where you're at, probably not too dissimilarly—widely varied as here, i imagine¿?

As i'm sure one would expect, the terrain of the old growth—native reserves here can be awesomely challenging,...😁,...fuck it, is, good fun!

i've generally found the sorta packs with a low surface profile are defs the go aye, rather than one that catches on dang near everything.

Cheers mate.
Here's another GIF for ya;
20220917_143257.gif
[*☝️😂the other dude fucked around gettin lippy,...]

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Ooosh!
That one's mint as bro!

Nice simple external design profile.

Am unsure what the bush is like where you're at, probably not too dissimilarly—widely varied as here, i imagine¿?

As i'm sure one would expect, the terrain of the old growth—native reserves here can be awesomely challenging,...😁,...fuck it, is, good fun!

i've generally found the sorta packs with a low surface profile are defs the go aye, rather than one that catches on dang near everything.

Cheers mate.
Here's another GIF for ya;
View attachment 134181
[*☝️😂the other dude fucked around gettin lippy,...]

It definitely has little to snag on branches or whatnot, but if I'm out in the woods I am just out for the day, not overnight. I do like the simple look of it, but it doesn't get used outdoors. This bag just goes on road trips, like to the beach a few weekends ago.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I used Clark ammo. Reasonably priced and received in a couple weeks.. bought a couple boxes 30,30. 1.15 per shot

the first and second picture are duplicates..........Cogburn the rooster, he is my buddy

3rd picture is of...............Leboeuf the rooster, and one of sis girlfriends, Fat Bitch AKA Thelma
4th picture..............FLC AKA fussy little chicken
5th picture..............her name is Honda.

Leboeuf and Cogburn are brothers and we separated them after they got in a fight, we have two flocks. True Grit.

D

Deleted member 2886

the first and second picture are duplicates..........Cogburn the rooster, he is my buddy

3rd picture is of...............Leboeuf the rooster, and one of sis girlfriends, Fat Bitch AKA Thelma
4th picture..............FLC AKA fussy little chicken
5th picture..............her name is Honda.

Leboeuf and Cogburn are brothers and we separated them after they got in a fight, we have two flocks. True Grit.
Really nice set-up ya got there mate.
Well done.

Here's a couple of shots from my north facing deck of the neighbours back section;
(can see about half of their flock in these)
IMG_20220919_102317.jpg
*Pretty sweet layout, part orchard/part chicken run,...and they sell the eggs from their front door at 5(nz)bucks a doz.
IMG_20220919_102331.jpg
*Beyond the farthest most iron fence is another small orchard.
(First month of spring here, fruit trees are only just starting to throw new foliage)

*Random side note;
Dunno if it's a normal chicken behaviour, but i've noticed that at around 3pm everyday, they all congregate together in a circular cluster for roughly 15mins.
All facing inwards, while making a huge amount of noise.
(¿almost like a community meeting?)

Really nice set-up ya got there mate.
Well done.

Here's a couple of shots from my north facing deck of the neighbours back section;
(can see about half of their flock in these)
View attachment 134728
*Pretty sweet layout, part orchard/part chicken run,...and they sell the eggs from their front door at 5(nz)bucks a doz.
View attachment 134729
*Beyond the farthest most iron fence is another small orchard.
(First month of spring here, fruit trees are only just starting to throw new foliage)

*Random side note;
Dunno if it's a normal chicken behaviour, but i've noticed that at around 3pm everyday, they all congregate together in a circular cluster for roughly 15mins.
All facing inwards, while making a huge amount of noise.
(¿almost like a community meeting?)
not sure but usually noisy indicates they found some good food, or there is danger.

D

Deleted member 2886

not sure but usually noisy indicates they found some good food, or there is danger.
Yeah definitely right there mate.
i've witnessed them dealing with predators quite often (i.e; cats) and recognize the distinct alarm sounds/behaviours during such encounters.

The ~3pm congregation thing is very different to that.

You could be right about it being related to them finding good grub.
Just really odd that they do this same thing every day roughly around the same time.

Cheers👍

Yeah definitely right there mate.
i've witnessed them dealing with predators quite often (i.e; cats) and recognize the distinct alarm sounds/behaviours during such encounters.

The ~3pm congregation thing is very different to that.

You could be right about it being related to them finding good grub.
Just really odd that they do this same thing every day roughly around the same time.

Cheers👍
agreed.....also I am not familiar with the wilds of NZ.

Top Bottom