Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best bar at your college

Icculus

Poster
Clemson

Tiger Town Tavern
Keith Street
Esso Club

I really don't know what their best drinks were. I drank beer, whiskey, or shots. They all served those well. Pretty girls liked hanging out there, and that's really what mattered.

Wasn’t Keith Street a gay bar? That’s what we were told on the mid-2000s at least.

Mine were:
Loose Change - where all the ladies were
Backstreets - GOAT wings
Sloan Street Tap Room - coldest draft in town

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Notre Dame for MBA in 2006-07.

The Linebacker Inn.

What a horrible and wonderful place. Three dollar pitchers, I vaguely misremember.

It was way too small, way too loud, way too packed, way too gross, and way too much fun.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Wasn’t Keith Street a gay bar? That’s what we were told on the mid-2000s at least.

Mine were:
Loose Change - where all the ladies were
Backstreets - GOAT wings
Sloan Street Tap Room - coldest draft in town
Lol. No. Nick's was the rumor for the gay bar early 2000s. In reality neither were. Or both were. Depends if you're gay, I suppose.

Sloan Street was dead when I was in school. Loose Change opened my junior or senior year. It was okay. Hadn't really taken hold yet.

Backstreets was great. Forgot that place.

VERIZON MEDIA FTW

Verizon Media Fanboy
A lot of good bars in Ann Arbor it depends on what you’re looking for.

Personal favorites are Alley Bar and Last Word.

Icculus

Poster
Lol. No. Nick's was the rumor for the gay bar early 2000s. In reality neither were. Or both were. Depends if you're gay, I suppose.

Sloan Street was dead when I was in school. Loose Change opened my junior or senior year. It was okay. Hadn't really taken hold yet.

Ahh that’s right. Nick’s. Don’t think I ever stepped foot in there so wouldn’t know either way.

We loved Sloan Street because it was never busy. Take a group of 10-15 over there and have the whole bar to ourselves when other bars would be shoulder to shoulder.

Backstreets (and the Wing Nazi) was definitely my favorite bar and food combo. Getting screamed at for not knowing which wings you wanted right away, good times.

WahooNole

Poster
I'd have to say Bullwinkle's at Florida State, at least when I was there. I was such a high class guy that I took the old lady there after I proposed to her!

played many a show there. Always a great crowd, great drinks, and great talent.

The palace was and still is a dump - which made it a fantastic bar

I was also a big fan of Ken’s Tavern (when they only served beer and wine).
Honorable mention:
- potbelly’s
-AJs

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
WVU

Mario's Fishbowl

MariosHangout.jpg

FISHBOWL_1522101439345_38425750_ver1.0.png

photo1jpg.jpg

Second stop in Motown

SoonerMD09

Elite
lots of good bars in Fort worth, but close to TCU campus:

Aardvark
The cellar
University pub

For OU, the Mont or the library would be it for me.

TJHall1

Legendary

Basically all it boils down to is that you frequented a bar that others consider a gay bar.

Enjoy the butt sex.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Basically all it boils down to is that you frequented a bar that others consider a gay bar.

Enjoy the butt sex.
Everywhere you go is a gay bar. See how dumb that is?

Also, the other poster was confused. Nick's was the one rumored to be a gay bar

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Ahh that’s right. Nick’s. Don’t think I ever stepped foot in there so wouldn’t know either way.

We loved Sloan Street because it was never busy. Take a group of 10-15 over there and have the whole bar to ourselves when other bars would be shoulder to shoulder.

Backstreets (and the Wing Nazi) was definitely my favorite bar and food combo. Getting screamed at for not knowing which wings you wanted right away, good times.
I miss pizza night at Backstreets. That pizza was legit.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
I'm old as shit. What does a youngin like @CumAllahHerAss think?
I guess it's been a bit since I've been on crootn. Not much has changed though, except everyone went to Murphy's when I was in school. I always felt bad for the people that had to wait in line for an hour just to get in when I just walk up to the front door. Who am I kidding, I didn't feel bad. Eskimo Joe's used to have free keg fridays too, but I think they got rid of both the free keg and $5 all you could drink.

squanchy

Poster
So before I dropped out of school we had this bar that everyone went to. Even the Gromflomites loved this place. It was called the Furpe Plom Tavern. Let me tell you they could make a Halzinger that would bust your squanch up. There was this one night that I was out and saw the squanchiest Nuptian. One thing lead to another and I brought her back to my squanch and spent the entire night squanchen it up. I tore her squanch up. Not sure what happened to her. I can't even remember her name. The main thing I remember about her is she gave me one hell of a squanch.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
So before I dropped out of school we had this bar that everyone went to. Even the Gromflomites loved this place. It was called the Furpe Plom Tavern. Let me tell you they could make a Halzinger that would bust your squanch up. There was this one night that I was out and saw the squanchiest Nuptian. One thing lead to another and I brought her back to my squanch and spent the entire night squanchen it up. I tore her squanch up. Not sure what happened to her. I can't even remember her name. The main thing I remember about her is she gave me one hell of a squanch.
1615842704285.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom