Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bear kills soldier

TJHall1

Legendary
More details:

A U.S. Army soldier who stumbled across a brown bear den and was surprised by a “flash of brown mass” was killed in a bear attack on Tuesday while scouting a wilderness area on an Alaska military base, a state wildlife official said.

Three soldiers had come across the den while mapping out a training site for a land navigation course on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage, said Capt. Derek DeGraaf, commander of the Northern Detachment of the Alaska Wildlife Troopers, an agency that enforces wildlife laws. The soldiers’ arrival prompted the mother bear, or sow, to crawl outside, he said. She ran away after knocking down one soldier and attacking a second, who later died.
“From the soldier’s perspective, there was a flash of brown mass,” he said. “They were attacked and didn’t even see it coming.”
The soldier who had been knocked down was treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital and released, Captain DeGraaf said. The joint Army and Air Force base declined to release the name of the deceased soldier on Wednesday, pending family notification, and provided no further details about other soldiers involved in the episode. Captain DeGraaf said the two soldiers were both men around 30 years old.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
More details:

A U.S. Army soldier who stumbled across a brown bear den and was surprised by a “flash of brown mass” was killed in a bear attack on Tuesday while scouting a wilderness area on an Alaska military base, a state wildlife official said.

Three soldiers had come across the den while mapping out a training site for a land navigation course on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage, said Capt. Derek DeGraaf, commander of the Northern Detachment of the Alaska Wildlife Troopers, an agency that enforces wildlife laws. The soldiers’ arrival prompted the mother bear, or sow, to crawl outside, he said. She ran away after knocking down one soldier and attacking a second, who later died.
“From the soldier’s perspective, there was a flash of brown mass,” he said. “They were attacked and didn’t even see it coming.”
The soldier who had been knocked down was treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital and released, Captain DeGraaf said. The joint Army and Air Force base declined to release the name of the deceased soldier on Wednesday, pending family notification, and provided no further details about other soldiers involved in the episode. Captain DeGraaf said the two soldiers were both men around 30 years old.
I saw this earlier and I couldn’t make sense about it

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Bears that stalk and kill deer for a living would have no trouble surprising and taking down a man. Not alot of brown bear charges caught on film, but here is a good one showing their insane speed. You can rewind to watch entire clip, but I cut to the charge.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Spoke with a guy in Montana who was attacked by a grizzly and survived.

Said he was hiking with his girlfriend when a deer went zooming across the trail. A few seconds later a baby bear chases the deer. As they saw the baby bear he was walloped by the mama bear. He got tossed aside and swiped with a paw but then mama bear quickly continued on to follow the baby.

He said it wouldn’t of mattered if he had a gun or not, the bear was in top of him so fast he had no time to react.

Bear stories are crazy there are a lot of them out there. Fuck that

TJHall1

Legendary
Spoke with a guy in Montana who was attacked by a grizzly and survived.

Said he was hiking with his girlfriend when a deer went zooming across the trail. A few seconds later a baby bear chases the deer. As they saw the baby bear he was walloped by the mama bear. He got tossed aside and swiped with a paw but then mama bear quickly continued on to follow the baby.

He said it wouldn’t of mattered if he had a gun or not, the bear was in top of him so fast he had no time to react.

Bear stories are crazy there are a lot of them out there. Fuck that
There is audio of the retarded grizzly guy in Alaska and his girlfriend getting eaten alive. Just vicious. That dude had it coming tho.

TJHall1

Legendary
He looks like he is full. Probably didn’t leave many scraps. Damn thing is huge!

Recovered from victims camera?
No, that was from 2 months before the attack. They pulled 4 garbage bags full of human remains out of its stomach and digestive tract. They said basically all that was left of the guy was his head, some spine and 1 arm. The girl was mostly eaten also but the bear had partially buried what was left of her, as they said when they arrived at the camp her hand was sticking out of a huge mound of dirt and sticks.
The audio tape is 6 mins long and the guy was being attacked for almost the whole thing, he did not die fast. One of them tried to beat it with a frying pan after he played dead and that didn't work. Then the bear left and came back while she was helping him and attacked again.
That thing consumed almost 2 entire human bodies in that single night.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
My best bear story ....

Wife and I were visiting family out in Montana and decided to go for a hike. It was a no fire-arm area so they load you up with some industrial size "bear spray".

So we park at the trail head and i want to test this bear spray out so I pull the trigger and let it fly. The wind carries it and we get a little caugh, but nothing too bad. The whole time im testing the bear spary my wife is talking shit to me like "why are you spraying that?" "Don't spray that shit near me" "You look like a moron spraying that" yada yada yada.

We get to hiking and of course we are doing the whole "hey bear" call to make sure you don't surprise one of them and we are of course fucking with each other about bears and bear stories.

I shit you not, as we are walking I hear this noise on a tree. I look up and about half way up is a baby bear. Maybe 75 yards away from us. Obviously the first thing that goes through my mind is .... baby bear = mama bear close by. So without skipping a beat i pull that bear spray out and have it ready to fire. Im spinning 360 circles trying to look for mama bear.

Of course the advise is that if you see a bear you stay still and stand your ground. Running is about the worst thing you can do. So as I've got my bear spray standing my ground looking for Mama bear my wife starts screaming and sprinting away from the bear leaving me standing there like a sitting duck and looking awkward af. Luckily that baby bear shimmied down the tree and took off running in the opposite direction.

I never saw mama bear but i did see a brown stain in my pants when i got home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom