Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad Math

mrt

Elite
Just read where Dodge is discontinuing the Hellcat pkg in '23.
Only recently I started seeing and hearing about that Dodge. Only because I happened to see a few in youtube videos of car jacking and Police chases. I like to watch those videos because it is real news and not censored. I worked for Chrysler for a while back in the old days and at the time they were in a corner with all the ever changing smog laws. It got so bad they just packaged the cars without the required equipment to make them run better or good and waited until a customer complained about a particular issue. They had kits that were tapered to the particular climate a complaint came from. In 82 the new Imperial had a fuel injection unit mounted in the air cleaner, the entire thing was in the air cleaner. It was designed by a NASA engineer working out in Clear Lake and he sold it to Chrysler. Due to the unit not having enough controls for humidity and cold and heat the thing would just refuse to start. There was no repair and Chrysler had to replace each and every one free of charge with a special kit that had new manifold and carb and air cleaners to be installed. If the customers didn't want the kit they got their money back. I also worked for NISSAN for a time and I think in the 90s they had the best warranties in the entire market for autos and trucks. I had a lot of fun working for NISSAN because I got to drive Dallas from Baton Rouge just to attend a few schools at their training center in Denton. I caught t he transmission class and carburetor training. The biggest problem at the time with NISSAN was people buying those gas inlet adapters so they could put the cheap leaded gas in. It would ruin the catalytic convertors and 02 sensors. I worked tune up and transmission at that time and the first thing you would do for a bad running complaint was stick the paper strip in the gas and if it was lead the warranty suddenly was dead, no if's but's or and's. They would kill the warranty. By the same token I have never worked for a manufacturer that would spend so much money to please a customer. If you had a carburetor that refused to run good no problem just order a new one and install it. General Motors would never ever buy a complete carburetor for anyone, they would rather order individual parts needed to repair one. They were all selling crap cars from 80 until I'm gone. I was sitting here this afternoon taking it easy and I looked up on my wall in front of my desk and I had a memory taking place 37 years ago, my old plastic wall clock given to me when I bought a little house about 4 miles from where I live now. The neighbor gave the clock to me as a house warming gift. It has fallen off the wall several times and the entire lower section is broken and gone but the clock just keeps running. Last time it fell off the wall a couple years ago the hands fell off. I removed the bezel and pushed the hands back on and it is still running. So I thought about that clock and at the same time it occurred to me that my Truck was 39 years old and if that weren't bad enough my clock was 37. ;0)

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Only recently I started seeing and hearing about that Dodge. Only because I happened to see a few in youtube videos of car jacking and Police chases. I like to watch those videos because it is real news and not censored. I worked for Chrysler for a while back in the old days and at the time they were in a corner with all the ever changing smog laws. It got so bad they just packaged the cars without the required equipment to make them run better or good and waited until a customer complained about a particular issue. They had kits that were tapered to the particular climate a complaint came from. In 82 the new Imperial had a fuel injection unit mounted in the air cleaner, the entire thing was in the air cleaner. It was designed by a NASA engineer working out in Clear Lake and he sold it to Chrysler. Due to the unit not having enough controls for humidity and cold and heat the thing would just refuse to start. There was no repair and Chrysler had to replace each and every one free of charge with a special kit that had new manifold and carb and air cleaners to be installed. If the customers didn't want the kit they got their money back. I also worked for NISSAN for a time and I think in the 90s they had the best warranties in the entire market for autos and trucks. I had a lot of fun working for NISSAN because I got to drive Dallas from Baton Rouge just to attend a few schools at their training center in Denton. I caught t he transmission class and carburetor training. The biggest problem at the time with NISSAN was people buying those gas inlet adapters so they could put the cheap leaded gas in. It would ruin the catalytic convertors and 02 sensors. I worked tune up and transmission at that time and the first thing you would do for a bad running complaint was stick the paper strip in the gas and if it was lead the warranty suddenly was dead, no if's but's or and's. They would kill the warranty. By the same token I have never worked for a manufacturer that would spend so much money to please a customer. If you had a carburetor that refused to run good no problem just order a new one and install it. General Motors would never ever buy a complete carburetor for anyone, they would rather order individual parts needed to repair one. They were all selling crap cars from 80 until I'm gone. I was sitting here this afternoon taking it easy and I looked up on my wall in front of my desk and I had a memory taking place 37 years ago, my old plastic wall clock given to me when I bought a little house about 4 miles from where I live now. The neighbor gave the clock to me as a house warming gift. It has fallen off the wall several times and the entire lower section is broken and gone but the clock just keeps running. Last time it fell off the wall a couple years ago the hands fell off. I removed the bezel and pushed the hands back on and it is still running. So I thought about that clock and at the same time it occurred to me that my Truck was 39 years old and if that weren't bad enough my clock was 37. ;0)
Jesus how about some spacing next time you write a book?

Sneakattack

Poster
Founder

2 questions?

Seriously does it have to carry a gas tank underneath its cargo? Seriously where the fuck does the fuel go.

2nd, is seriously. Leave a fucking space you gad dom mongoloid.

Don’t tell me to fuck off for number 2, because you do care otherwise you wouldn’t have posted it. You inconsiderate piece of shit. (We’ve all gone full selfish, just own it, and fix it next time.) Filthy Animal.

Go fuck yourself for being an asshole, and I really need an answer on those fuel tanks, because I don’t know how that things gets off the ground without running outa K.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I'd rather you not ever read anything I write and don't try so hard to insult me before you piss me off. Does that agree with you. Personally I don't give a flying fuck what you think.
giphy.webp

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Don’t let them get you down @mrt Looks to me like we have some retards that are too dense too read without Reddit spacing.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It’s ok, it’s TFSF, so if your an inconsiderate fucktard the mods ship you a free box over sized tampons, scented (manjina).
Yeah you are 100% right. I just wanted to show @mrt some love because he is the elder statesman on the board and he posts a ton of cool pics from his service. He’s not a MB transplant so he doesn’t get the sarcasm

TJHall1

Legendary
It’s ok, it’s TFSF, so if your an inconsiderate fucktard the mods ship you a free box over sized tampons, scented (manjina).
The fucktards are you jerk offs who apparently aren't fucking bright enough to read without paragraphs. Congrats.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
You know old guys who ran steel mills?
I got one in the family
From stl
Now he lives in myrtle

Top Bottom