Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Backyard Brawl Thread - West Virginia @ 17 Pittsburgh

champsballs

Elite
Founder
That was almost a complete bullshit call, they both signaled fair catch.
The way the calls have gone the past 10 minutes it’s hard not to think wv getting shafted

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
I watched the 2nd half, and it was a great game. I wanted WVU to tie it up so we got some more of that. Was a great way to spend a Thursday night out on the deck.

We were all cheering for more hut hut. Just an unbelievable turn of events. WV is running at will, has a 4th and inches at midfield, they choose to punt. Pitt scores to tie it at 31. Next possession, WV WR is wide open, ball hits him right in the hands, he pops it up, Pitt picks it off and returns it for the pick 6.

You gotta go for it and 4th and inches. That's probably ball game if WV converts.

WV covered though, I think everyone saw that coming from a mile away.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
We were all cheering for more hut hut. Just an unbelievable turn of events. WV is running at will, has a 4th and inches at midfield, they choose to punt. Pitt scores to tie it at 31. Next possession, WV WR is wide open, ball hits him right in the hands, he pops it up, Pitt picks it off and returns it for the pick 6.

You gotta go for it and 4th and inches. That's probably ball game if WV converts.

WV covered though, I think everyone saw that coming from a mile away.
I was at the game last night, and for supposedly being the biggest crowd *ever* at Heinz Field, it wasn't very loud. Course so ~30k of the 70k in attendance were Mountaineer fans, but I digress. I was fine with not going for it on 4th down at midfield there... Pitt had to go 92 yards to tie the game when our defense had been pinning their ears back the last few series. Unfortunately for WVU, Pitt did tie the game and then we all know what happened after. Overall a fantastic game to watch and be a part of though... games like this are what college football is all about, and thanks to conference realignment we don't get them as often as we should.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
I was at the game last night, and for supposedly being the biggest crowd *ever* at Heinz Field, it wasn't very loud. Course so ~30k of the 70k in attendance were Mountaineer fans, but I digress. I was fine with not going for it on 4th down at midfield there... Pitt had to go 92 yards to tie the game when our defense had been pinning their ears back the last few series. Unfortunately for WVU, Pitt did tie the game and then we all know what happened after. Overall a fantastic game to watch and be a part of though... games like this are what college football is all about, and thanks to conference realignment we don't get them as often as we should.

Pitt and WVa should be forced to play. That's easily UGA/Ga Tech or UF/FSU level intensity if not moreso. CFB is being robbed when the backyard brawl isn't played.

Top Bottom