Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are we just not going to talk about the activation of SkyNet?

Rusty Strings

Poster
Keep your head on a swivel, gents.

A "lethal" weaponized drone "hunted down a human target" without being told to, likely for the first time, according to a UN report seen by the New Scientist.

In the March 2020 incident, a Kargu-2 quadcopter autonomously attacked a person during a conflict between Libyan government forces and a breakaway military faction, led by the Libyan National Army's Khalifa Haftar, the Daily Star reported.

The Turkish-built Kargu-2, a deadly attack drone designed for asymmetric warfare and anti-terrorist operations, targeted one of Haftar's soldiers while he tried to retreat, according to the paper.

The drone, which can be directed to detonate on impact, was operating in a "'highly effective' autonomous mode that required no human controller," the New York Post reported.

"The lethal autonomous weapons systems were programmed to attack targets without requiring data connectivity between the operator and the munition: in effect, a true 'fire, forget and find' capability," the report from the UN Security Council's panel of experts on Libya said.

Read more: Etsy is awash with illicit products it claims to ban, from ivory to dangerous weapons and mass-produced good

This is likely the first time drones have attacked humans without instructions to do so, Zak Kallenborn, a national-security consultant who specializes in unmanned systems and drones, confirmed in the report.

Kallenborn has concerns about the future of autonomous drones. "How brittle is the object recognition system?" he said in the report. "How often does it misidentify targets?"

Jack Watling, a researcher on land warfare at the Royal United Services Institute, told the New Scientist that the incident demonstrates the "urgent and important" need to discuss the potential regulation of autonomous weapons.

Human Rights Watch has called for an end to so-called "killer robots" and is campaigning for a "preemptive ban on the development, production, and use of fully autonomous weapons," according to a report by the nonprofit.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

A "lethal" weaponized drone "hunted down a human target" without being told to, likely for the first time, according to a UN report seen by the New Scientist.

In the March 2020 incident, a Kargu-2 quadcopter autonomously attacked a person during a conflict between Libyan government forces and a breakaway military faction, led by the Libyan National Army's Khalifa Haftar, the Daily Star reported.

The Turkish-built Kargu-2, a deadly attack drone designed for asymmetric warfare and anti-terrorist operations, targeted one of Haftar's soldiers while he tried to retreat, according to the paper.

The drone, which can be directed to detonate on impact, was operating in a "'highly effective' autonomous mode that required no human controller," the New York Post reported.

"The lethal autonomous weapons systems were programmed to attack targets without requiring data connectivity between the operator and the munition: in effect, a true 'fire, forget and find' capability," the report from the UN Security Council's panel of experts on Libya said.

Read more: Etsy is awash with illicit products it claims to ban, from ivory to dangerous weapons and mass-produced good

This is likely the first time drones have attacked humans without instructions to do so, Zak Kallenborn, a national-security consultant who specializes in unmanned systems and drones, confirmed in the report.

Kallenborn has concerns about the future of autonomous drones. "How brittle is the object recognition system?" he said in the report. "How often does it misidentify targets?"

Jack Watling, a researcher on land warfare at the Royal United Services Institute, told the New Scientist that the incident demonstrates the "urgent and important" need to discuss the potential regulation of autonomous weapons.

Human Rights Watch has called for an end to so-called "killer robots" and is campaigning for a "preemptive ban on the development, production, and use of fully autonomous weapons," according to a report by the nonprofit.

Read the article yesterday. And these days I take EVERYTHING I read with a grain of salt. Not saying it isn't true, just saying I don't think it is true. Why do I think this? Because BIG MEDIA in no longer in the news business, they are in the business of lying. CONSTANTLY LYING.

There is so much "misinformation" (LIES) being deliberately spread by "an unnamed source". Who is this dude? Mr. Unnamed Source seems to be everywhere! That S.O.B. is one busy fellow. He's mentioned multiple times a day on ALL the big news networks. I sure would like to have a beer with Mr. Unnamed Source. Here's an example of a story CNN was running late last night. This is how it was presented: "An unmanned source told CNN that Donald Trump believes that diamonds were made by aliens who discovered how to bake dinosaur shit in a device similar to our microwave ovens. The unnamed source went on to say that Mr. Trump gave Melania a dinosaur shit diamond for an engagement ring. We are fact checking this story as I speak and we will give you more details as soon as they are available."

Now, imagine this - last night, in millions of liberal living rooms across the U.S. with a couple of fat, middle-aged white privileged farts were watching this "shit" and one of them says - "Gee Marty, that's quite interesting. Where did you buy my ring? I wonder who that unnamed source is? Is my ring dinosaur shit? Let's tune in MSNBC and see if they are using the same diamond shit story."

Come on everybody! Sing along with me - "And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, and the wheels on the bus go round and round all over America."

Last edited:

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

Thanks OP....

of course I’ll never sleep good again, now.

(Robots turning and attacking humans on their own...where have I heard about this before?)

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Just get off a couple of 10ga 00 buckshot before the drone gets a missile off and you'll be fine.
Wait....We’re those NOT Kamikaze drones. I swore they just Pearl Harbor’d those targets?

I have zero desire to die by Kamikaze Drones exploding in my ass (as I run like hell to survive. I’ve never considered this form of death before....but it just moved to #1 on my list for the WORST way to die. Fuckallthat.gif )

Top Bottom