Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Appliance experts

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
My dishwasher heating element turned on by itself this evening, didn’t even notice the house smelled like melted plastic and the whole thing is hot to the touch.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Taggart

Elite
Founder
e50e8b3a37c33303de88248aef8020e2.gif

Hope this helps OP

My dishwasher heating element turned on by itself this evening, didn’t even notice the house smelled like melted plastic and the whole thing is hot to the touch.

Don’t use the pod detergent ever. These ruin dishwashers.

The heating element itself likely just had a bad sensor or the timing element is out. Both are relatively easy to replace but make sure to unplug the dishwasher until it’s repaired due to fire hazard.

Seasidedawg

Elite
Founder
Don’t use the pod detergent ever. These ruin dishwashers.

The heating element itself likely just had a bad sensor or the timing element is out. Both are relatively easy to replace but make sure to unplug the dishwasher until it’s repaired due to fire hazard.
Tell me more about this “pod” sorcery.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I would not trust it ever again. I would be too worried about a fire. Replace it is your best option. It sucks but better to avoid a danger.
I’ve been gone for two days and we didn’t touch it today. Good thing we were home. I shut the breaker off when I realized what happened. The front of the thing was extremely hot to the touch

Last week my dryer tried to burn down the house. The vent hose had disconnected itself some time in the last few months, and I didn’t realize it until the lint started stacking up enough to burn on the heating element. That was a pretty obvious fix though

I already did order a new dishwasher. 4th of a July sale was still going on fortunately

I’ve been gone for two days and we didn’t touch it today. Good thing we were home. I shut the breaker off when I realized what happened. The front of the thing was extremely hot to the touch

Last week my dryer tried to burn down the house. The vent hose had disconnected itself some time in the last few months, and I didn’t realize it until the lint started stacking up enough to burn on the heating element. That was a pretty obvious fix though

I already did order a new dishwasher. 4th of a July sale was still going on fortunately
Have you considered that you might have an appliance-based poltergeist?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Dude you are lucky you didn't pull a @Rebarcock.
I got a decent whirlpool for 800 from home depot about 6 months ago. Want me to ship you my old one?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Dude you are lucky you didn't pull a @Rebarcock.
I got a decent whirlpool for 800 from home depot about 6 months ago. Want me to ship you my old one?
Appreciate it but already ordered one. I paid a little extra for the installation, but found out the day after they wouldn’t be here until the 21st. If I had known that I would have just done it myself

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Appreciate it but already ordered one. I paid a little extra for the installation, but found out the day after they wouldn’t be here until the 21st. If I had known that I would have just done it myself
Yeah cancel their install and call a buddy or handyman. I paid a dude 100.00 to build my new stackable LG washer dryer just so I could drink beer and have it done with out me going batty.
Belt popped on my new john deere so I have nothing left to do today. Let me go ahead and say I apologize. I'm in a good mood and drinking so I'm sure ill be on the board

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Got a new washing machine about 6 months ago. Won’t even power up this morning. Checked the breaker and it’s good. Dryer works fine 🙄

Latest posts

Top Bottom