Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody watch Ted lasso?

TJHall1

Legendary
13 mins in and already disappointed. I can see how this could be a great show, but I was hoping for more like Kenny powers and less like a tim Allen tgif sitcom.

ETA: As I posted this they started dropping some F bombs and other vulgar stuff. This is only the pilot, maybe it'll get better.

TheRealJohnCooper

💎
Founder
13 mins in and already disappointed. I can see how this could be a great show, but I was hoping for more like Kenny powers and less like a tim Allen tgif sitcom.

ETA: As I posted this they started dropping some F bombs and other vulgar stuff. This is only the pilot, maybe it'll get better.
Hang in there. It’s absolutely awesome!

Oler Ted

Elite
It's got excellent reviews and I like Jason sudeikis. About an American football coach who gets hired to coach a soccer (gay football) team in Europe I believe. Gonna start it tonight.

It's gotta be better than that horrible fucking show that @Oler Ted recommended the other day about Mormons and said was great.
Did you make it to episode 2?

TJHall1

Legendary
Did you make it to episode 2?
I made it halfway thru 3 or 4, I can't even remember because I was falling asleep after 1.5 episodes. I feel like I didn't miss a thing by having my eyes closed and only listening for as long as I did.
Honestly I feel like you're fucking with me and you just fucked me into watching 3-5 hours of weird Mormon shit.

Oler Ted

Elite
I made it halfway thru 3 or 4, I can't even remember because I was falling asleep after 1.5 episodes. I feel like I didn't miss a thing by having my eyes closed and only listening for as long as I did.
Honestly I feel like you're fucking with me and you just fucked me into watching 3-5 hours of weird Mormon shit.
I thought it was interesting and Andrew Garfield played the part well. Plus I didn’t know shit about Mormons so it was interesting. I think last episode is this comin Thursday

TJHall1

Legendary
I thought it was interesting and Andrew Garfield played the part well. Plus I didn’t know shit about Mormons so it was interesting. I think last episode is this comin Thursday
It was a bit interesting but I couldn't call it a great show, or even good. Just drug on, and on, and on for 3 episodes for something they could have done in 1. But hey, different strokes for different folks. There's a lot of stuff I like that most people think sucks and stuff I think sucks that get good ratings.

Did watch a good movie tonight tho, Greyhound. Would recommend. Very suspenseful from like 10 mins in until the end of the movie.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
If you’re talking about under the banner of heaven, the book is phenomenal. It’s the one book that I always give people as a gift because everybody loves it so much

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Almost done with season 2. The
Roy / Jamie redemption arc is so great

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Watching a show about faggot sports (soccer lol). And it’s disappointing. Sound about right.

Get back to some righteous shit @TJHall1
It has almost nothing to do with soccer, or even sports in general. It's a sports show the way Coach was a sports show, only a much better show overall. It is a great show.

Top Bottom