Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any Ski Vacation plans this year? (Warning Shameless plug haha)

buff182

Poster
Founder
Moderators if this is against the TOS please delete and I'm sorry 😁😁

Just wanted to put this out to all Ski or Snowboarding TFSF patriots. I have a house in Pagosa Springs, Colorado that I VRBO when I am not around. Pagosa Springs is home to Wolf Creek Ski area. https://wolfcreekski.com it's a resort that typically gets 430" of snow a year the most snow of any resort in Colorado. It's not a big corporate resort it's privately owned but there are ton's of things to do in the area. Among them are the world's deepest hot springs https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/worlds-deepest-hot-spring-helps-to-power-a-brewery.

Note; we do not have problems renting the place I am just putting this out to you all cause I think it would be fun to host some fellow TFSF Patriots. If any TFSF book I will gladly kick in a donation for this place. (as long as you guys don't trash it lol)

It's a brand new house so I haven't rented it too much. Very secluded. Here's the link VRBO listing

As far as our Ski Vacations this year we have a trip to Park City in February planned and a trip to Mammoth in March. Where are you folks headed to this Year?

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Going to Crested Butte for spring break this season. Our home resort is Keystone. Been more than 25 years since I've been to CB.

Will definitely make a spring break trip to Park City in a few years. Need the kiddos to be a little older for that.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Just wanted to put this out to all Ski or Snowboarding TFSF patriots. I have a house in Pagosa Springs, Colorado that I VRBO when I am not around. Pagosa Springs is home to Wolf Creek Ski area. https://wolfcreekski.com it's a resort that typically gets 430" of snow a year the most snow of any resort in Colorado. It's not a big corporate resort it's privately owned but there are ton's of things to do in the area. Among them are the world's deepest hot springs https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/worlds-deepest-hot-spring-helps-to-power-a-brewery.

Note; we do not have problems renting the place I am just putting this out to you all cause I think it would be fun to host some fellow TFSF Patriots. If any TFSF book I will gladly kick in a donation for this place. (as long as you guys don't trash it lol)

It's a brand new house so I haven't rented it too much. Very secluded. Here's the link VRBO listing

As far as our Ski Vacations this year we have a trip to Park City in February planned and a trip to Mammoth in March. Where are you folks headed to this Year?
Nice house, you guys did a great job. I might take you up on that one day!

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
Going to Crested Butte for spring break this season. Our home resort is Keystone. Been more than 25 years since I've been to CB.

Will definitely make a spring break trip to Park City in a few years. Need the kiddos to be a little older for that.
I love crested butte but that altitude is no joke for a Florida boy that lives 30’ above sea level.

I wished I have a gut with any cold weather places other than a cold weather in IL where I lived now.... Bbbbrrrrr......! Not gonna lie... I glued to my fireplace during winter, and NOT going anywhere.... LOL

champsballs

Elite
Founder

Looks very nice.
I’d probably try to book a week for skiing and a week in the summer for off-roading but it looks like Champ would not be allowed to go because of your discriminatory speciesism policies.

giphy.gif

buff182

Poster
Founder
Nice house, you guys did a great job. I might take you up on that one day!
Thanks, We built this place ourselves. That was super stressful and super fun. Pagosa is a place where contractors show up at 10:30 and leave by 3pm. They will tell you to your face that they live in Pagosa for the lifestyle not to get rich. Needless to say it took 14 months to finish the place haha.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Thanks, We built this place ourselves. That was super stressful and super fun. Pagosa is a place where contractors show up at 10:30 and leave by 3pm. They will tell you to your face that they live in Pagosa for the lifestyle not to get rich. Needless to say it took 14 months to finish the place haha.
Lots of Mom/Pops restaurants and bars?

buff182

Poster
Founder
Looks like 4WD required in winter. My son's dog won't be happy. Nice looking place.
Haha yep definitely 4x4 in the winter. Funny story, We have a couple of VRBO's on our loop and I was out on my snowmobile when I run into this family in a 2 wheel drive F-150 and they can't get up the hill. So I tell them I'll go back and get my truck and help them or they could just go down the hill, turn around and come up the hill in reverse. So I go back for the truck and when I return they are already coming up the hill in reverse. He stops to thank me and I tell him see it's just like having Front Wheel Drive haha.

buff182

Poster
Founder
Lots of Mom/Pops restaurants and bars?
Yes, in fact the food is very good. Anyone who heads to Pagosa hit me up and I'll recommend several places from the Pazole on a Sunday morning at Rose's to wine and Short Ribs at Alley House. Also depending what time of year you go there's tons of outdoor activities besides Skiing. From sledding to Snowshoeing to fly fishing or floating the San Juan river through town.

You don't have to stay at my place to get the Recs haha

buff182

Poster
Founder
I wished I have a gut with any cold weather places other than a cold weather in IL where I lived now.... Bbbbrrrrr......! Not gonna lie... I glued to my fireplace during winter, and NOT going anywhere.... LOL
Pagosa is a different cold than most places. it'll typically get above freezing every day through the winters plus it's a dry cold. We hardly get the wind on our side of the divide that they get on the Rio Grande side. Most days your good with just a beanie, sweatshirt and Pac boots.

buff182

Poster
Founder

Love Crested Butte, we have family in Gunny so we usually make it there each year. Have you ever been to Whistler Blackcombe in BC? I'd love to go there someday but probably not now that Canada is even crazier about Rona than we are.

buff182

Poster
Founder
It's good, we take horses and archery hunt about 14 miles in the Weminuche wilderness area. The Bighorn is also from the area. Lots of Bears and Mule Deer. Pretty easy to get tags in that area if you are a Non Resident. Here's a Mt Goat I got this year above Aspen. This is pretty much a once in a Lifetime tag to draw so I'll probably never have this opportunity again. (unless I go to Alaska Skol haha)tempImageRzNwPM.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom