Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any of you guy's like / collect Wine?

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Just received my allocation today from Harlan. Pretty excited. However, I will cellar this a few years before even hitting the Coravin or opening the bottle.20221028_151343.jpg

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I don't anymore but do like a good tasting Cabernet or Merlot. My go to is Los Vascos, an inexpensive Cabernet from Chile. I sold a 1986 Chateau Lafite de Rothschild a while back for 12x what I bought it for. Good ROI.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
I don't anymore but do like a good tasting Cabernet or Merlot. My go to is Los Vascos, an inexpensive Cabernet from Chile. I sold a 1986 Chateau Lafite de Rothschild a while back for 12x what I bought it for. Good ROI.
As long as it is cellared correctly

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
As long as it is cellared correctly
Yep. I had to take photos of the "wine line" on its neck and send to the buyer to show it hadn't evaporated before they bought. I had to describe how it was stored, when and where I bought it, etc.

Still have a Silver Oak Alexander Valley 1986 and a Chateau La Lagune 1982.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Who?????

If you like it, that's all that matters
Probably the cheapest wine you can get, on par with Maddog 20/20. It's what 14 year old me stole from Winn-Dixie to get me and my friends drunk

Jtrain80

Legendary
Yeah, but it leaves a nasty hangover.

Back in the day I got into the wife's box of wine. She was at workung nights. Woke up covered in blood. Couldn't figure out what happened. I went outside and the neighbor came and asked me if I was alright.

Allegedly, I was trying to show him my garden, tripped on a water hose, face planted into the steel lawn furniture. It was a wonder it didn't break my neck. Nasty gash just inside my hairline.

CurtOFD78

Elite
LOVE wine like I love breathing.

I just got back from Greece and Italy and tried to sample as many local reds as possible. It seemed that the local stuff over there was as good as anything I could get at my local liquor store.

Densel

Poster
wine is too expensive here to start a collection and we don't get much wine here, if I get even a single bottle of wine I don't keep it I drink it :)

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I used to and still have some that I cellar. Have a La Cache 248 bottle cellar that is half full. It is just too expensive now. I had a run from 05-09 buying a case of Caymus a year and storing it. Still have about 40 bottles of that left.
My brother was on the Harlan list and I have about 5 of those. My 2 best I currently have are birth year Magnum of Cayman Special select for my son and birth year Old Sparky from Schrader for my daughter. Also have an 01 Mouton, 2 04 Haut Brions, amongst others. About 5-10 years from now I am really gonna drink well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom