Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any Florida folks (homeowners insurance) Recs

Clynch25

Elite
Founder
Curious if anyone has some good recs regarding carriers for homeowners?

I’m in Walton county (panhandle Miramar Beach area). Obviously everyone is seeing large increases in premiums. Have any of you found a specific carrier or broker you’d recommend?

I’m essentially just looking to be covered in the event of something catastrophic (fire, hurricane, tornado). I’d be willing to do a massive deductible to show that I’m not looking to file BS claims.

Anyone know of different options if an individual owns the property outright? I’ve looked but can’t find anything. Thought someone here might have some recommendations?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
These are the ones that do mine, I am in a high risk area being so close to the beach so options are limited. Deductible is 3% for a named storm 1k for anything else. 40k personal property, 40k loss of use, 300k liability

1673658629737.png

Thanks Curt, I’ve not received a quote from farmers so will give them a try. Appreciate you sharing.
We dropped our previous home owners we've had for over a decade because they raised our rates from just over $1500 a year to over $3200 a year. We ended up going with Frontline Insurance, a Florida based company with similar coverage for just under $1400 a year.

Clynch25

Elite
Founder
We dropped our previous home owners we've had for over a decade because they raised our rates from just over $1500 a year to over $3200 a year. We ended up going with Frontline Insurance, a Florida based company with similar coverage for just under $1400 a year.
Thank you for sharing. I have frontline as well, best price I found a couple years ago but it’s since doubled, which pushed me to shop around.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
I’ve got Frontline in the Tampa area. They handled the hurricane damage pretty well. I received a check quicker than most. Not sure if they offer in the panhandle.
I have frontline too. They have been as good as an insurance company can be expected to be.

Top Bottom