Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8.1 Vortec engine

D

Deleted member 2886

Does anyone have any experience with these? Likes dislikes?
No experience personally, but just going off of the fuel consumption of my V6 Chevy Blazer –vs– fuel prices it's put me off buying anything larger.
Got a 3.0L straight 6 Toyota Altezza which does at least ten trips to the city on one full tank, whereas the Blazer will be lucky to do three trips without topping up,...but even still, it actually does better than a V6 Holden Commodore i previously had.

Are ya looking at buying new/or secondhand wheels?

No experience personally, but just going off of the fuel consumption of my V6 Chevy Blazer –vs– fuel prices it's put me off buying anything larger.
Got a 3.0L straight 6 Toyota Altezza which does at least ten trips to the city on one full tank, whereas the Blazer will be lucky to do three trips without topping up,...but even still, it actually does better than a V6 Holden Commodore i previously had.

Yeah, I have several vehicles but found a "unicorn" kind of...............never owned one of these personally, but used one extensively back in the back at a company I worked for................but as to servicability and longevity these days, (being 18 years old), wondering is anyone on here has such an experience..............Carvana offered me for my 2020 Chevy 2500, for what I paid for it 2 years ago, and I dont like it really, so figured why not. Below are a few pictures of said vehicle.

This is an 02 model, 8.1, Allison Transmission 4x4 CC.

1666545359233.png
1666545408576.png
will such things even fit in NZ?

The Altezza is offered in US as the Lexus IS, and that 3.0 I6 is an excellent engine. If Toyota ever made a 3\4 ton truck or above, I would buy them.

You have a V6 Blazer? what year? 4.3?

Top Bottom