Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

42$ / hr

Sikness23245

Elite
Workers now need to make $42 an hour in order to spend the recommended quarter of their income on an average one-bedroom apartment (in June 2021, this amount was $1,711). Meanwhile, the average hourly wage for restaurant workers is $11.52.

Where's the sauce? Even with the ridiculousness of CA and NY, I find it hard to believe the nationwide average for a 1BR apartment is $1711/month.

Edit: damn hidden links.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Workers now need to make $42 an hour in order to spend the recommended quarter of their income on an average one-bedroom apartment (in June 2021, this amount was $1,711). Meanwhile, the average hourly wage for restaurant workers is $11.52.

Since when is restaurant worker supposed to be a lifestyle supporting job? We need some stepping stone jobs, there is a need for jobs that are not lifestyle supporting. Flipping burgers at McD's shouldn't necessarily be required to support rent for a month.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Since when is restaurant worker supposed to be a lifestyle supporting job? We need some stepping stone jobs, there is a need for jobs that are not lifestyle supporting. Flipping burgers at McD's shouldn't necessarily be required to support rent for a month.
I’ll play devil’s advocate with you just for fun. These points do not necessarily reflect my opinions.

There are more restaurants than McDs.

Are the people preparing food for our families and children expected to also have not have their “lifestyle” supported?

Who makes the determination about what jobs are stepping stone jobs? Why aren’t government classified “essential” jobs above the “stepping stone” classification?

Where do military service members fall? Are those stepping stone jobs since a majority of people move from working in that field?

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Why was the filibuster not utilized to protect the purchsing power of the dollar by the people's senate?

America 1st

Founder
Why was the filibuster not utilized to protect the purchsing power of the dollar by the people's senate?
I know yore trolling but this needs stated every time someone brings this up because so few people truly understand it.

Dollars aren’t store of value assets. They are currency intended to increase economic activity.

The People’s Senate is duty bound to protect the best interest of The United States, and therefore, grow the economy. As an economy grows in size more currency has to be produced to keep the economy functioning. If the money supply becomes stagnant or contracts then you get an economic collapse like The Great Depression.

So, generally speaking, the purchasing power of dollars is always going to fall provided we have a healthy and growing economy since nobody in there right mind wants another Great Depression scenario.

59D763F8-79A4-4067-BBE3-EADFBEDB40B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
I know yore trolling but this needs stated every time someone brings this up because so few people truly understand it.

Dollars aren’t store of value assets. They are currency intended to increase economic activity.

The People’s Senate is duty bound to protect the best interest of The United States, and therefore, grow the economy. As an economy grows in size more currency has to be produced to keep the economy functioning. If the money supply becomes stagnant or contracts then you get an economic collapse like The Great Depression.

So, generally speaking, the purchasing power of dollars is always going to fall provided we have a healthy and growing economy since nobody in there right mind wants another Great Depression scenario.
Nothing to worry about folks...

The people's Senate, rooted in their love of country and sound economics, cosigns the persistent and drastic increase in the volume of money for our sake!!

Not because it enriches those closest to the printer, or punishes those furthest, or because it provides "the sinews of endless wars," spreading debt, dependence and despair

Thank you People's Senate!!

According to this line of thinking, for a nation to be rich it must only have a printing press and can neglect producing goods and services

That is absolutely brutal

Last edited:

America 1st

Founder
Nothing to worry about folks...

The people's Senate, rooted in their love of country and sound economics, cosigns the persistent and drastic increase in the volume of money for our sake!!

Not because it enriches those closest to the printer, provides "the sinews of endless wars," or punishes those furthest from the printer forcing them into indentured servitude or government dependence

Thank you People's Senate!!

According to this line of thinking, for a nation to be rich it must only have a printing press and can neglect producing goods and services

That is absolutely brutal
The more goods and services an economy produces then the more money is needed in that economy. Since the American economy has grown since 1913 we should expect more dollars in circulation to match that growth in goods in services.

Putting more money into circulation puts people thru an average of 3% annual inflation as opposed to being punished with endless depressions akin to The Great Depression.

What’s brutal is yore shitty trolling on the matter.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
The more goods and services an economy produces then the more money is needed in that economy. Since the American economy has grown since 1913 we should expect more dollars in circulation to match that growth in goods in services.

Putting more money into circulation puts people thru an average of 3% annual inflation as opposed to being punished with endless depressions akin to The Great Depression.

What’s brutal is yore shitty trolling on the matter.
America 1st is Janet Yellen

"The benevolence and soundness of the central bankers is a shining star in the otherwise dark sky of human history" - America 1st

Yikes

America 1st

Founder
America 1st is Janet Yellen

"The benevolence and soundness of the central bankers is a shining star in the otherwise dark sky of human history" - America 1st

Yikes
1- Fuck The Fed

2- Money supply has to increase whether it comes from a central bank or from Congress directly.

Seperate basic economic necessity and function from yore hate for The Fed.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
1- Fuck The Fed

2- Money supply has to increase whether it comes from a central bank or from Congress directly.

Seperate basic economic necessity and function from yore hate for The Fed.
Money doesn't have to come from either of those entities

The key is productivity and a truly free market currency would be superior in finding an appropriate supply

The fundamental problem isn't necessarily the amount of money but who controls it. We have the worst of both, a central elite capable of creating endless money

Keep swinging

America 1st

Founder
Money doesn't have to come from either of those entities

The key is productivity and a truly free market currency would be superior in finding an appropriate supply

The fundamental problem isn't necessarily the amount of money but who controls it. We have the worst of both, a central elite capable of creating endless money

Keep swinging
Every time we go thru this I realize Moore and moore just how desperate you are for the collapse of the US. From economic policy to armed insurrection yore consistently all in on spreading bad ideas and bait.

I dislike the Central bankers too but and “endless” supply of money is not the problem (and ending supply of money would be tho).

The US is Moore productive than it’s ever been, regardless of our lack of heavy industry, so it seems yore pretty confused there too.

P.S. “a truly free market currency” isn’t a thing. DHS needs to find better trolls.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Every time we go thru this I realize Moore and moore just how desperate you are for the collapse of the US. From economic policy to armed insurrection yore consistently all in on spreading bad ideas and bait.

I dislike the Central bankers too but and “endless” supply of money is not the problem (and ending supply of money would be tho).

The US is Moore productive than it’s ever been, regardless of our lack of heavy industry, so it seems yore pretty confused there too.

P.S. “a truly free market currency” isn’t a thing. DHS needs to find better trolls.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’ll play devil’s advocate with you just for fun. These points do not necessarily reflect my opinions.

There are more restaurants than McDs.

Are the people preparing food for our families and children expected to also have not have their “lifestyle” supported?

Who makes the determination about what jobs are stepping stone jobs? Why aren’t government classified “essential” jobs above the “stepping stone” classification?

Where do military service members fall? Are those stepping stone jobs since a majority of people move from working in that field?

Jobs at MCD’s are low skilled labor. What you expect doesn’t mean much, what you are worth determines what you are paid. I expect to live life like Jeff Bezos but I don’t see anyone sending me money. Where is the cut off for satisfying what people expect?

Low skilled labor can be done by anyone. It should be a first job for people to teach them the basics of being in the workforce. How to be on time, reliable, reponsible. It should be similar to driving an Uber, a side hustle for many.
Military jobs require much more skill than low skill restaurant work.

also there are some restaurant workers who make really good cash. So there is an ability to move up within restaurant work.

America 1st

Founder
Jobs at MCD’s are low skilled labor. What you expect doesn’t mean much, what you are worth determines what you are paid. I expect to live life like Jeff Bezos but I don’t see anyone sending me money. Where is the cut off for satisfying what people expect?

Low skilled labor can be done by anyone. It should be a first job for people to teach them the basics of being in the workforce. How to be on time, reliable, reponsible. It should be similar to driving an Uber, a side hustle for many.
Military jobs require much more skill than low skill restaurant work.

also there are some restaurant workers who make really good cash. So there is an ability to move up within restaurant work.
Service members disagree.

There is also a fair argument to be made for people doing the jobs that others don’t want to do (especially those that are essential).

Lastly, again just playing D.A., people can expect whatever they want in theory. There is a big difference though between expecting to living wage after regular expenses and Jeff Bezos level wealth.

———————————————————

Personally I think it’s gonna be interesting to watch which way housing and low skill wages go over the next decade. Will really define what the US is able to achieve economically.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

There is also a fair argument to be made for people doing the jobs that others don’t want to do (especially those that are essential).

Lastly, again just playing D.A., people can expect whatever they want in theory. There is a big difference though between expecting to living wage after regular expenses and Jeff Bezos level wealth.

———————————————————

Personally I think it’s gonna be interesting to watch which way housing and low skill wages go over the next decade. Will really define what the US is able to achieve economically.

one of my least favorite arguments is “for people doing jobs that others don’t want to do.” What you really mean is people won’t do jobs at that price. People will do work, you just have to pay them more.

it’s happening before our very eyes, the price of low skilled labor has sky rocketed. You can’t find anyone to work for $15 an hour right now but you can for $23/hr..

If Americans won’t do field work for $8/hr then you need to pay them more. I promise you will do the work at the right price.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

———————————————————

I think housing prices will continue to rise as I believe there is a lack of supply as a result of the housing crash in 2008-2011. It was an over correction of sorts and now there is just a lack of supply for housing. That coincided with a pandemic which caused people to flee urban housing creating spectacular demand for the single family home market. It will take time for this to balance out, possibly 5-10 years. I do not envision a crash scenario. When / if interest rates rise the housing sector will cool and moderate but not crash. I see it as the floor on housing prices has been raised.

Low skill labor will depend on who is in the White House and immigration policy. If you let a bunch of unskilled labor into the country that will bring down the rate of pay for Americans here. If our borders are strong and the supply of unskilled labor is cut off, wages will rise for Americans. Americans will do unskilled labor, just not for $8/hr

BigBucnNole

Elite
one of my least favorite arguments is “for people doing jobs that others don’t want to do.” What you really mean is people won’t do jobs at that price. People will do work, you just have to pay them more.

it’s happening before our very eyes, the price of low skilled labor has sky rocketed. You can’t find anyone to work for $15 an hour right now but you can for $23/hr..

If Americans won’t do field work for $8/hr then you need to pay them more. I promise you will do the work at the right price.

Low skilled labor will come back down to reality in December.

There are plenty of jobs out there, current and prospective, but a lot of folks don’t have the skill sets to do them. Leading to the big populist push and anti free trade. The simps argue that manufacturing left and with their available skill sets, they can only find jobs delivering pizza.

Reality is that tech and the microchip innovation has evolved developed economies passed human capital based factories. So we need to retool the workforce. Easiest way is education reform. Get rid of a system reliant on predatory institutions teaching irrelevant skills and locking folks into debt that they’ll never be able to repay.

We need more coders, we need more service skill training. Even need to flesh out our trade skill sectors. It’s crazy I pay $50 a week for a pool service.

And while yes, the guy that only has the mental aptitude to drive a forklift can’t learn to code, what will happen is the guy today who is in insurance sales, and hates their job, would learn a few coding tricks and then be able to compete with other folks in data management in tech. The insurance job is now open at a higher rate for someone else. Forklift driver might suddenly find himself an open spot in the trade sector.

None of this can happen though, without relevant education. Google, Apple, Amazon HQ, none of them want to be paying $125k plus benefits to kids coming out of college. And that’s only the case because of a worker shortage in relevant sectors.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Low skilled labor will come back down to reality in December.

There are plenty of jobs out there, current and prospective, but a lot of folks don’t have the skill sets to do them. Leading to the big populist push and anti free trade. The simps argue that manufacturing left and with their available skill sets, they can only find jobs delivering pizza.

Reality is that tech and the microchip innovation has evolved developed economies passed human capital based factories. So we need to retool the workforce. Easiest way is education reform. Get rid of a system reliant on predatory institutions teaching irrelevant skills and locking folks into debt that they’ll never be able to repay.

We need more coders, we need more service skill training. Even need to flesh out our trade skill sectors. It’s crazy I pay $50 a week for a pool service.

And while yes, the guy that only has the mental aptitude to drive a forklift can’t learn to code, what will happen is the guy today who is in insurance sales, and hates their job, would learn a few coding tricks and then be able to compete with other folks in data management in tech. The insurance job is now open at a higher rate for someone else. Forklift driver might suddenly find himself an open spot in the trade sector.

None of this can happen though, without relevant education. Google, Apple, Amazon HQ, none of them want to be paying $125k plus benefits to kids coming out of college. And that’s only the case because of a worker shortage in relevant sectors.

I agree there is a miss match of skills needed and work wanted. This has been exacerbated by the pandemic. Some people willingly switch jobs because of new opportunities created while others are forced to find new jobs out of necessity.

I'm not sure it will all come to an end in December though. It may take 5 years + to have efficiency in the labor force to pre-pandemic levels. Habits changed permanently and its going to take a while to get those ironed out. People who have been naming dates as to when things will go back to normal ......... well they have all been wrong so far.

And agree with you on education. We need more STEM and less social justice in our schools.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I agree there is a miss match of skills needed and work wanted. This has been exacerbated by the pandemic. Some people willingly switch jobs because of new opportunities created while others are forced to find new jobs out of necessity.

I'm not sure it will all come to an end in December though. It may take 5 years + to have efficiency in the labor force to pre-pandemic levels. Habits changed permanently and its going to take a while to get those ironed out. People who have been naming dates as to when things will go back to normal ......... well they have all been wrong so far.

And agree with you on education. We need more STEM and less social justice in our schools.
Agreed on STEM, but not STEAM. Which hippie moron got the A added? Useless.

America 1st

Founder
I think housing prices will continue to rise as I believe there is a lack of supply as a result of the housing crash in 2008-2011. It was an over correction of sorts and now there is just a lack of supply for housing. That coincided with a pandemic which caused people to flee urban housing creating spectacular demand for the single family home market. It will take time for this to balance out, possibly 5-10 years. I do not envision a crash scenario. When / if interest rates rise the housing sector will cool and moderate but not crash. I see it as the floor on housing prices has been raised.

Low skill labor will depend on who is in the White House and immigration policy. If you let a bunch of unskilled labor into the country that will bring down the rate of pay for Americans here. If our borders are strong and the supply of unskilled labor is cut off, wages will rise for Americans. Americans will do unskilled labor, just not for $8/hr
Companies can’t hire for 13 here right now.

America 1st

Founder

Definitely a permanent shift.

Will take a decade or more and Congress needs to figure out how to train folks inside the current budget.

Latest posts

Top Bottom