Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3D Printer Part 2: Learn the Basics about your Creality Ender 6

JerBearr

I've Uploaded a Video to The Print House YouTube Channel!! <-- Click There

Here are some close up pictures for things I mentioned in the video:

These first two images are-

• Top: Unextruded Filament
  • Bottom: Filament that has been extruded but not yet "printed"
    • This means the filament went through the extruder but it never reached the hot nozzle aka it was not melted and squirted out of the "hot end
  • I am showing you this so you have a better understanding of how the extruder works
    • The gear tightly clamps the filament, to the point of adding in these gear markings, and as the gears spin, it pulls the filament through them.

IMG_20210508_092752.jpgIMG_20210508_092734.jpg

The next two images are-

• Top: 45 Degree snip on a piece of loose filament
  • Bottom: Another angle of a 45 Degree snip on a piece of loose filament
  • I am showing you this so you have a better understanding of how to feed a new spool a filament into your 3D Printer.....aka "refuel" your 3D printer
    • If you do not add this angled cut, you will likely NEVER get the filament to go in one end of the filament runout senor and then out the other side. It will likely go in and you will hit resistance. If you try to force a blunt end of filament into your run out sensor, then you have a high likelihood of damaging the run out sensor
    • The purpose of the run out sensor is to PAUSE the 3D print if you run out of material before your print has completed. This has a high chance of being useful to us because we will be printed multiple very large prints and you might not be able to gauge exactly how much material is left on your spool of filament
IMG_20210508_093323.jpgIMG_20210508_093327.jpg

If you are still having issues inserting your filament into your filament run out sensor, watch this video:

Top Bottom