Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"2020" Ryder Cup thread

Taggart

Elite
Founder
JT and Spieth kicking it off for the US.

giphy.gif

denn

Legendary
Founder
Golf is the one sport where you income is determined by the quality of your play.
Sort of. Endorsement cash is how most successful pros make their living. Many of the top pros don't see much, if any, of their prize winnings. Guaranteed contracts is one of the best things team sports players ever negotiated for themselves.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Azinger with the "first win of the year for Florida State " beautiful
That was great. As an FSU alum I am sure he had that one in his pocket since he found out Berger and Koepka were playing together.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Did you see the shot Jordan Spieth hit off the 80 degree hill? Amazing. Michelsonian execution.
That was great. Sadly, like most of that match, Justin Thomas couldn't make the putt for par for what would have been one of the better up and downs in a Ryder Cup than I can remember. Thomas and Speith made nothing that match. Heck of a shot by Speith though.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Great finish. Tomorrow AM looks 3-0-1. Think FSU ties that match which is a win. 9.5-2.5 going into afternoon Saturday. We win this by 11 AM Sunday.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Xander v Rory

Cantlay v Lowry

Scheffler v Rahm

Bryson v Sergio

Morikawa v Hovland

Dj v Casey

Brooks V Wiesberger

Finau v Polter

Jt v Hatton

English v Westwood

Spieth v Fleetwood

Berger v Fitzpatrick

I see 6-3-3 to close out the day. 17.5 points is an asskicking.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Gotta give a shout out to the old guy in the leprechaun suit in the stands on the first tee. The guy has been fkd up since the golf started on Friday and is back at it again today.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
So what is the format of this again? I haven't watched a Ryder in about 14 years.

Multiple formats. Can't remember the exact but Friday/Saturday they play 2 man teams. Best Ball, Foursome etc.
Then on Sunday, it's singles. All 12 players match up and play.
In the recent history of the event, USA has sucked ass and greatly underachieved. This time they dominated.
The new blood has an entirely new attitude than the old guard.

denn

Legendary
Founder
A few observations from this past weekend at the Ryder Cup,

-It was great to see all the European players tears flowing after that thumping. Yeah I know it means a lot to them, blah, blah, blah....they got their asses handed to them and that is why they were so emotional.

-The Unites States team was cocky and borderline arrogant. However they backed it up at every turn. This thing was over after day 1.

- Europe, unless they actually start choosing some of their younger players and get them some experience in the cup is in serious trouble for a couple decades. The US is loaded with young players. Many of which did not even sniff this years squad. They will next go around.

-Whether you like Bryson D or not, he is the the one player in golf right now that pushes the needle more than anyone else. He is great for the game....again whether you like him or not.

-DJ is the man. He was not only undefeated on the course this past weekend, he was undefeated off of it as well.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Bryson doing well in the LGC this week.
I think it is awesome he is doing this. Promotes a pretty cool sport and it is great to see a touring pro be able to hold his own distance wise. The accuracy angle of it will heavily favor Bryson against those dudes, but his speed is lacking in comparison.

Like him or not Bryson is really good for the promotion of the game. Especially for the fringes who do not normally pay much attention to golf other than majors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom