Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

178 Houston Methodist hospital employees to be terminated for not taking the jab

Taggart

Elite
Founder
A large group of them are fighting this legally and intend to take it to the Supreme Court if necessary. This is something that will continue to spread to other hospitals/corporations unless it's overturned in court, which I am not confident in. How do we stop this? Can state legislatures pass laws saying it's illegal for companies to mandate the vaccine, similar to what Florida and Texas did with the cruise lines?

https://nypost.com/2021/06/09/texas-hospital-workers-suspended-for-refusing-covid-vaccine/

HunterPKP

Poster
Founder
Delta Air Lines requires it for contractors. Not sure about full time employees. Seems like a class action waiting to happen. With current SCOTUS conservative majority. Seems financially dangerous for companies, etc to do this.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
A large group of them are fighting this legally and intend to take it to the Supreme Court if necessary. This is something that will continue to spread to other hospitals/corporations unless it's overturned in court, which I am not confident in. How do we stop this? Can state legislatures pass laws saying it's illegal for companies to mandate the vaccine, similar to what Florida and Texas did with the cruise lines?

https://nypost.com/2021/06/09/texas-hospital-workers-suspended-for-refusing-covid-vaccine/
Yes states can stop this or make it legal if they would choose.

The SCOTUS has long held states have the right to prioritize public health within their borders.

I think these vaxs could be attacked under federal laws as well until they are FDA approved.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Lets say they can make you take the jab. They should also be liable for anything that goes wrong. If you die, wrongful death. Other side affects .... pay up
This.

Also anyone dumb enough to be that stuck on a single job / employer probably deserves to be thinned from the herd TBH.

BigBucnNole

Elite

There are network groups that coordinate state think tanks for single agenda items across multiple states. They basically suck in a ton of fundraising and then coordinate the spending to push positions across multiple states. This is a particularly large money maker for them, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a number of states follow Florida and Texas’ initiative.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Let's hope they get in front of the right judge. It is absolutely ludicrous to imagine that an employer could force an employee to get injected with a substance that is untested for long term dangerous side effects. This is especially ridiculous in light of the fact that prudent distancing, disinfecting and mask wearing measure are more that adequate to prevent the spread of the virus.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
This scares the shit out of me. My wife is a CRNA and isn’t getting it. Neither of us are.
I work for a major health system and have to get the flu shot every year or I get the axe. They are saying that they won't require the COVID vax, "for now" (direct quote), but I know it's coming. I hate my job anyway so maybe refusing to take the vax will be better for me in the long run career-wise.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I work for a major health system and have to get the flu shot every year or I get the axe. They are saying that they won't require the COVID vax, "for now" (direct quote), but I know it's coming. I hate my job anyway so maybe refusing to take the vax will be better for me in the long run career-wise.
Sadly, many good, law biding, god loving American citizens are being indoctrinated into a new "mind set" that creates an unprecedented opportunity for government control in a new arena - the mind. You cannot entice someone to do something that is inherently unjustified to their subconscious mind by yelling, but you sure as hell can by a prodigious inculcation of little lies. Beware. Sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

Top Bottom